Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unknown Problem With The Sc400/soarer

Started 2 weeks ago. ALmost every time I get into my Lexus Soarer and start it..the engine idles for a few seconds..then the revs drop untill it stalls.

Does not matter if the engine is warm or cold...

This can happen up to 10times untill it runs fine! Where as sometimes it runs fine straight first go!

SOmetimes when it starts the engine also shakes roughly...

BUt once the car is started and idling ok, it runs fine!

I assume the problem is not with fuel, as there is no more problems after it gets going.

CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH KNOWING WHAT THIS IS!??? AND MAYBE HOW TO FIX IT! THANKS!

Even the mechanic I took it to did not know what it was.

Sounds like the same issue I've got, different car but the basic's are the same - Intake Air Control Valve, if this little unit is giving problems either with faulty motor or just dirty seals, then you'll get this issue, it helps maintain and controls the idle feature

On mine, ... when I start the car without any acc, the car starts then just dies, no hunting or splutting, just lose revs and stalls, nothing I do will stop this. If I start the car with acc, the car revs and then sits perfect at the correct idle and stays there.

The problem is not so evident when the car is hot, not warm but hot so if you switch off and start within 10 - 20 minutes, no issues, leave it longer and the problem returns

Hope this helps in your quest to find the problem

BR

Paul

Sounds like the same issue I've got, different car but the basic's are the same - Intake Air Control Valve, if this little unit is giving problems either with faulty motor or just dirty seals, then you'll get this issue, it helps maintain and controls the idle feature

On mine, ... when I start the car without any acc, the car starts then just dies, no hunting or splutting, just lose revs and stalls, nothing I do will stop this. If I start the car with acc, the car revs and then sits perfect at the correct idle and stays there.

The problem is not so evident when the car is hot, not warm but hot so if you switch off and start within 10 - 20 minutes, no issues, leave it longer and the problem returns

Hope this helps in your quest to find the problem

BR

Paul

Thanks mate. As Im not sure about where these parts are I will let my mechanic know and then he can check it out. Is it easy to reach?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links