Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

I have just purchased a 2006 GS300 SEL and found out that you cant use the Bluetooth telephone to dial numbers while in motion this is also the case when trying to set a new destination on the sat nav while driving. I've found some information on the web that says you can override this and even seen some video on You Tube showing how to do it, but it wont work on my model. I guess this probably has something to do with models in different countries?

Anyway does anyone know how to get into the "Services" menu? If there is such a menu on the UK model. I did find a "Diagnostis" menu by holding down the "Info" button then with the lights set to off switching them to "park" then off 3 times and it brought up the menu. Apparently in the "Services" menu there is an "Override" switch that you press and hold until it bleeps that then enables you to use the sat nav and phone while driving.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid you can't do it that way anymore. They took it out of newer versions of the software.

They only known way now is the hardware hack.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have been reading some links from our good friends over the pond and it seems it's something to do with firmware being upgraded from 5.1 to 6.1 which causes the problem. What a bummer :crybaby:

Is there a "service" menu though?

What is the hardware hack?

You've already found it mate with the info and lights button.

You should see a menu button in the top right which will let you alter the camera guides, microphone sensititivy, etc..

You've already found it mate with the info and lights button.

You should see a menu button in the top right which will let you alter the camera guides, microphone sensititivy, etc..

Cool, Thanks.

What's the hardware hack, does it involve cutting wires? Do you know what wires need cutting. This is a right pain in the arse :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links