Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h Common Problems, Running Costs Etc

I am looking to buy a 400h second hand, but I was wondering whether there are any article listing common problems/issues and things to look for when buying second hand

Also, can anyone tell me what he servicing costs are like, and how long the batteries for the electric motor tend to last (age or mileage) before they need replacing.

I did look in the knowledgebase, but didn't find answers to the above!

Thanks in advance

vk

Hi

Sorry to crash your thread

I have looked for the above questions/answers too

I need a new family car

It will be expected to last 10 years approx

As hybrid tech is new to me I am a little wary although the car looks ideal for my needs

Id like to add an extra question:

I assume Lexus sell an extended warranty, how much per year does this cost please and does it increase as the car gets older?

My current car is a BMW

The warranty rate is a flat fee immaterial of age

cheers

I intend to keep my RX400h for at least 8 years as a family car so asked myself the same questions.

When I bought mine I took out a fixed price service arrangement with my dealer which costs about £22/month over 5 years based on 10,000 miles/year. This works out similar to my previous Ford Mondeo ST24.

Long term reliability of the RX is an unknown at present but the hybrid technology seems sound with very favorable reports emerging regarding the Prius. There have been quite a few articles in the motoring press about high mileage Priuses – do a Google search.

As far as I know Battery life has not yet reared its head as an issue.

Don’t know about the extended warranty but your local dealer should be able to answer this.

Also worth remembering that Toyota is now the biggest car company in the world and they can't afford for their prestige marque to fail.....

Hope this is reassuring

I went to test drive a 400h at my local dealership yesterday. He mentioned the prius yet, and said that the tech has being going for 10 years without probs. He also said the life cycle of the batteries was predicted to be 12 years.

Mind you he also said he regularly got 41mpg from a 400h!

big problem is the battery goes flat in about 10 days so if ur away on holiday u need to jump strart the car.

Yeah I had noticed the threads pertaining to that issue. So the list of potential problems reads (at the moment):

1) Battery flattens after being left for 8-10 days, meaning you need a jump start

2) Corrosion on alloy wheels and roof bars

3) ...

Anyone suggest any other additions to the list?

Vishal...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links