Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430

Scarlet Pimpernell

Guys - new o this side of the fence.

looking at getting a convertible and naturally an SC430 is one of the favourites along with an SL350. Mileage will be very low as we intend on using it to tour around at weekends in only. Am also considering a classic car - something like a M635CSi (the original) but know they could gt expensive to maintain...

What should I look out for, and are there any years/mileages that I should avoid? I'm not expecting more than 20mpg at best, so appreciate that.

What are the common "wear" items?

I have a budget of £20-23k, and have already driven 2 SC430's and a handful of SL's. So far the SL gets the vote, but the SC430 has a "Caliornia" feel about it which I adore...

Guest inicol63

Sorry to up set you but if you want to add a tow bar they don't have one for the SC430 I wanted to add a tow bar for a boat and was some what surprised that there not available.

How ever if your not needing a tow bar then i would say buy one you will not be disappionted with it.

What to look for !!!

Well the struts on the boot can go around £80 to replace

The wheel sensor Battery can run out replacing each one will cost around £110 plus fitting

The O2 exhaust sensor there are four 2 per 2 post are around £300 to have fitted if you do one at a time.

Check for update dvd sat nav disc they are around £130 each.

And then the most important item service history...

If all the above along with a hpi check are followed then you should be home and dry.....

I like the SL but for me they are becoming a lot more common.

Good luck with your choice, where do you come from as i know of a couple of people thinking of selling?

Ian

Nice one matey, you can't stay away from the Lexus brand for long!

I've not driven any of them, but I like them all to be honest. The SL is probably the coolest and best looking but is also a bit common and I don't think the 350 is as quick as the SC. There are also reliability issues with the early ones so you need to be careful of that.

I've always liked the SC because it's so different, it really stands out when you see it on the road, and I think it looks more expensive that it actually is (as long as you change the wheels!). And then a kitted one like Aquanuke's on here just looks fantastic! :D

If you want classic, have you thought about the older SL? I still think they are one of the best looking cars ever, they still look so classy wherever you see one and they are built like tanks............ :whistling:

Cheers guys - I'm in the east midlands, but I have just seen a couple of SL's, 1 1992 300SL, and a 2005 SL350...boy I'm spoilt for choice. I know they aren't as quick as an SC430, but they are different animals.

Am gonna wait until Autumn, and then pounce!! They all appear to want a premium as they are Convertibles, approx £1000 over top book (all cars are immac, low mileage and one owner), and I ain't paying that!!

Hi Pimpernell

I have a rather good SC going and live in the West Midlands. Due to family circumstances, I am moving to a 400h and the dealer has made me an offer of £20,500. My SC is black with black interior and has only done 25,600 miles. It is Feb 2004 and in very good condition. At present, I am advertising it on Autotrader at £21,900 but would be quite happy for it to go to a good home matching the dealer's price. However, if anyone is interested, be quick as I plan to swap this week. E-mail me on jp@zen.co.uk

Regards

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links