Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cleaned Trottle Body

shanem

Ive been having probs lately with flat spots, so cleaned a few parts.... I cleaned the MAF which sorted out the flat spot at 5000, but still have irregular power below 5000 and it seems to be at random where the flat spot happens...

Anyway i cleaned the throttle body today with some carb cleaner and a cloth, i also reset the ecu..

After starting the car it took 10 mins or so for the revs to settle down after cleaning, but ive been for a 20 mile drive and the revs are still above 1000 and dont seem to be getting any lower... It does feel a little more responsive, but dont think it's cured the flat spot yet. It also seems noticeably smoother when changing down gears.

How long does it usually take for the ecu to save new settings?

Do i have to re-adjust the tickover now its cleaned? or will it settle down eventually? or have i broke it?

Cheers guys

Ok worries over, my car is ticking over as normal now and the flat spot is much improved :) Although it did take approx 50 miles to settle down fully...

Its getting better everytime i drive it since i cleaned the throttle body and reset ecu... It took a good few sprays of carb cleaner and 4 micro fibre cloths to get it clean, but the whole process took me less than half an hour...

I didnt take off the throttle body, just the intake and had someone hold down the accelerator to open the flap, then gave it a good few sprays and cleaned with the cloths until the cloths weren't taking off anymore crap :) Just before i finished i rolled up one of the cloths and pushed it through the throttle body to soak uk the puddle of carb cleaner that built up

I would recommend this as a possble fix to any sluggish performance you may be having... I'm no mechanic and have limited knowledge, but found this very straight forward and easy to do...

Spruce up the performance :-

Clean MAF with specific MAF sensor cleaner

Clean throttle body with carb cleaner and micro fibre cloths

reset ecu

Then wait until your car gives you that smile again :)

Cheers ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links