Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Had My Geometry On My Is200 Done, But Is It Right?

martman

Living in the west of Cornwall it isnt really possible for me to visit WIM without a major effort. So Tony very kindly gave me the settings i needed for my IS200. After checking around i found a local business with a 3d wheel alignment service so i phoned them and they talked a good talk. When i went to pick the car up though, the guy who did the work told me that he couldnt set up to the settings i gave him but he set up to 'within specification' He started to blind me with science (or baffle me with bull, i'm not sure which!!!) But i do remember something about the n/s/r being at the end of its adjustment. Driving the car away the was a small difference and certainly throught the bends and under heavy braking it does feel better but i was wondering if they had done a good job or not so if anyones feeling inclined to give their opinion, i have attached the printout they gave me. They used a John Bean V3D Visualiner

img003.pdf

That's a good honest setup but they have followed the OEM settings not mine so the tyres will wear the inners "sorry".

I think the issue they had is numerical language and their inability to convert decimal degrees and minutes to degrees and minutes.

Does the car drift left now?

No it doesnt seem to. Definitely seems more composed through the corners and under braking. Although the whole reason i wanted it sorted was to prevent tyre changes every 8000 miles, bugger!!! I think you are right about the inability to convert the measurements to minutes as i mentioned this when i went to pick it up and the guy seemed not to understand! Oh well, live and learn i guess! And if i know i am going to be in your neck of the woods anytime Tony I will definitely get it booked in. Thanks for all your help and input you are a gent.

No it doesnt seem to. Definitely seems more composed through the corners and under braking. Although the whole reason i wanted it sorted was to prevent tyre changes every 8000 miles, bugger!!! I think you are right about the inability to convert the measurements to minutes as i mentioned this when i went to pick it up and the guy seemed not to understand! Oh well, live and learn i guess! And if i know i am going to be in your neck of the woods anytime Tony I will definitely get it booked in. Thanks for all your help and input you are a gent.

But this is all wrong, i feel really sorry for you!

Yes the handling is better since the Geo has been recovered to the OEM positions but those settings will historically wear the tyres... If my math is correct the front cambers should be (decimal) -0.2d

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links