Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all,

Got my IS back today from the Bodyshop...

it seems like they forgot to clean up the scufs on the alloy... which were part of the accident.

The biggest C**K up they missed is the front splitter... (SR type body kit) on the front bumper.

They guy in the bodyshop stated that Lexus don't make this kit anymore..... and that there is a new shape bumber which replace the kit.

which, look like a standard IS bumper.

I rang Lexus and they stock it... they said "why would we stop making the kit when it's our current model"

Call ablany assit who are dealing with the paper work and stuff for insurance and they told me to get bak to the garage.

Well... now that I gave them details for the alloy... (lucky I took pics when the acident happend.)

and the fact that I spoke to Lexus... they changed there mind and said they found the kit but.......

Will need to send a quote and get it accepted by my insurance company before they carry out the darn work.

All this greif because some prat couldn't control his car around a bend.

Just for peice of mind did the IS 250 sport ship with the kit as standard (mine is a 57). Lexus say yes it did but I have seen some on the road without the kit.

Once all done I'll be happy.... rock and roll ACE cafe meet....

Did you take the car to a Lexus bodyshop or the insurers approved? Sounds like a really stupid screw up, but the bodykit was not standard fit, it's a dealer fit option. Also if the alloy is damaged, make sure there's no damage behind it by having a full geo done to check whether anything is bent.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links