Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lowering Springs

VVProtocolVV

Going to get either coils or springs (prefer springs as it's cheaper route so i have cash left over for body kit spraying and fitting). But my question is, my cars done 80k+ miles now and i've read that the shocks may not be in a good condition to take lowering springs due to age. I'm not looking at lowering any more than 30mm-35mm (front and rear), keeping the same ride comfort and i don't do track days. So coils seem a bit pointless, but if i have to end up getting new shocks all round, i will probably end up forking out as much as buying coilovers anyway. Any advise?

A proper set of springs and shocks will cost as much as coilovers (Eibach Springs + Bilstein Dampers for example)

Lowering Springs on 80K miles dampers probably won't be too good anyways.

For Dampers, the general rule I learn is take 1% of its life off for every 1,000 miles you do.

So there is 20% of life left in dampers that done 80k miles. Don't forget that dampers are wear and tear item, and its efficiency decrease with use... So used dampers will never be as good as new dampers to begin with.

So back to your questions, can you use lowering springs with your damper?

Yes you can, you can use it until the dampers blows, then replace the dampers. But you end up paying 2x for installation.

Or

You can go for a set of springs/dampers or coilovers and you know you will be warranty for at least 1 year and only pay once for installation and geometry setting.

One thing I do suggest though, go for Eibach if you decide to buy lowering springs. :)

Eibach is one of the few manufacturer that always get their springs rate right, and you need that quality for progressive lowering springs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links