Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possible Project

I've been looking on these forums at the engine swaps that have been going on and its got me thinking.

Would the current generation GS300 3ltr V6 fit in the IS200 and allow room for the A/C ?

I haven't seen many of these engines around, but i'm wondering what the cost would be. I'd also use the auto gear box to keep costs down.

(by the way i wont be doing this myself as i'm pants at this stuff)

Let the opinions begin.

Taken from wikipedia

The 3GR-FSE adds D4 direct injection. The 3GR-FSE engine is rated at 256 PS (252 hp/188 kW) at 6,200 RPM and 32 kg·m (314 N·m; 231 ft·lbf) at 3,600 RPM.

Seeing as TTE fit the 4.3V8 out of the LS430 into the IS200, surely the GS300 engine should fit too :)

I assume cost is the reason no one has attempted it so far.........

Well i haven't seen too many written off GS300's, i guess people just dont crash them. I have seen on eBay USA the engine from an IS350. Problem there is it will cost a fair amount to bring it over. And parts for it wouldn't be cheap either.

Yep there probably aren't that many, and even so you'd probably be looking somewhere around £10k for it - add on the cost of the installation and it could be a very expensive conversion.

Could also consider the RX350, think the engine in there should be pretty similar to the one in the IS350, it's not as powerful though but again even a scrap car is probably going to cost a fair amount.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links