Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sudden Cut-out

350matt

Hello All

Having picked up what I though to be a bargain GS300 Mk1 with FSH and 130K on teh clock for £660 today whilst wafting home at fair lick its all goes even quieter than usual.

The engine would crank and fire briefly but not stay lit, so I'm thinking some sort of problem with fuel pump supply or the security system giving a wobble.

After rolling to a halt in a layby I had a fiddle under the bonnet checking/ removing all the plugs to coil, TPS, airflow meter etc all bright and shiny after this disconsolate poking ( during which I'm obviously hoping the guilty part is going to wave hello) I give it another go after its been sat for about 10 mins while I fiddled and fires up sweet as a nut.

Hmmm thinks I and waft along home at a reduced rate than before ( it felt fine just taking it easy)

When I got it home Ifound the Battery connection is little ( and I mean little) bit loose.

Its charging OK, the gearbox oil level slightly low so topped that up, had a poke inside the relay box under the bonnet all relay terminals look bright and shiny with no signs of stuff getting hot.

So anyone heard of this sort of thing?

Ta

Matt

Hi

Ive had this problem with my 1998 GS 300 SE - I looked on the worlwide web under Lexus owners and the American brethren came up with the reason - this 1998 version had a recall owing to a faul on the Yawl Sensor rating - which send the ca into limbo - the VSC kicks in and all power is lost

Ive written to Toyota UK and awaiting a reply - ist a bit scary as it can happen any time and I'm really worried about safety - if it should occur on the outside lane of a motorway - it could be nasty

my particular car has no record of being recalled for rectification - so i recon Toyota are responsible

I will let you know what the out come is

has anyone else had any experience of this?

AL

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links