Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Speakers Distorting, Mainly Tweeters

Has anyone with an IS200 had their speaker or tweeters distort at all? I've got a JVC KD-AVX1 in my car along with A Vibe VP4 mono amp running at roughly 1.5ohms pushing the 2 12" Fuel Audio subs but otherwise I've still got all the standard speakers in the car. The problem which I've noticed is that when I turn the volume up, and it aint even that loud (unit goes up to 50, volume set to roughly 17 or 18) the speakers or tbh I think its actually the tweeters seem to distort and the sound seems to possibly clip. It reminds me of a cd skipping sometimes but not exactly the same kinda noise. I've got the HPF set to 125khz on the head unit so all bass is filtered away from the speakers. I dont think the tweeters are damaged at all but am just confused on whats going on. I've also tried different EQ settings but although for instance on a flat setting I may be able to turn it a bit higher but the problem then kicks in again.

What could be the issue that I'm having? Come on redz...I bet u may know lol

they couldbe damaged..

im not sure how the oem speakers are wired and i dont know if they have any sort of crossover built in but I would assume they have something inline and this may have blown.

can only suggest trying new speakers really or possibly playing a test tone sweep and seeing what freq's are coming out of the tweeter..

where can u get these test tones from mate? I dont have any issues with the speakers most of the time its just when I turn them up n possibly on certain tunes but it does feel as tho something aint right as tho they're cutting in n out or something like that but litteraly only for a tiny split second, just reminds me slightly of when tweeters are damaged but not to that extent as when tweeters are damaged its very clear but not mine. apart from the high volume I cant really complain tbh, they play perfectly fine and clear otherwise.

try an original cd.

if its a badly recorded or compressed mp3 that will be the answer..

if you can make it down to the meet in july then you might pick up some bargains if there is something wrong..

meet

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links