Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Noisy Brakes

hi there all, im new here.

i own a RX300 10 months old

the problem is, after i drive it for 2mins the back brakes(i think) become noisy, like metal to metal sound but not screeching, my dealer said it was the compound that the brakes were made of, he cleaned them but a week later they r the same, my dealer is puzzled??

has anybody had this problem b4?

thanks

When my 2001 RX went in for its 20k service the brakes were very squeeky (not metal on metal). I pointed it out and Lexus Teesside cleaned all the components and the problem is only just returning slightly (now done 28k). By the way they suggested the brake pads would need renewing at 30k

Whether that is the same problem as yours I dont know

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

I CURRENTLY HAVE A 2003 RX300 AND I AM JUST STARTING TO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS "DARGETH". AFTER I AM DRIVING FOR A WHILE EVERY TIME I COME TO A STOP THERE IS SOME SORT OF NOISE COMING FROM THE BACK TIRES. SOMETIMES IT SOUNDS AS IF A MOTOR IS WINDING DOWN OTHER TIMES IT SOUNDS LIKE A LIGHT SCREECH. IT DOESN'T HAPPEN ALL THE TIME THOUGH. ACTUALLY SINCE IT STARTED A FEW DAYS AGO I NOTICED THAT WHEN IT IS RAINING IT BARELY MAKES THE NOISE. MAKES ME THINK THAT SOMETHING BACK THERE NEEDS TO BE OILED OR LUBRICATED.

I TOOK IT IN ONCE TO THE DEALER AND THEY COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING WRONG. THE CAR ONLY HAS 2500 MILES ON IT. IF ANYONE ELSE GETS AN ANSWER TO THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS. B)

• 3 weeks later...

I FINALLY GOT THE NOISE PROBLEM FIXED. I TOOK IT BACK TO THE DEALER, TEST DROVE IT WITH THE LEAD TECHNICIAN AND POINTED OUT THE NOISE IT WAS MAKING. HE WAS ABLE TO DETERMINE THAT IT WAS THE "HUB SEALS" OR "AXLE SEALS" ON THE BACK TIRES. I BELIEVE THEY BOTH ARE THE SAME THING. THEY REPLACED THEM AND I HAVEN'T HAD THE PROBLEM SINCE. I HOPE THIS HELPS.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links