Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Now 2,500 miles in I have grown to love my Lex dearly. Nothing comes close to it for the combination of cost/mpg/reliability/power and it still looks good and turns heads, but my house roof is leaking and hot water getting flaky and I need to spend on that. Now I dont need to sell the Lex, but I do need to get the Scenic that Im still paying for MOT'd and back on the road which would save £60 a month. This time next year Im giving the Scenic back to the HP company as it'll be worth peanuts compared to whats owed on it.

So do I keep the Lex off road until next year, itll be worth peanuts then but basically happy with it.

Sell it now, and buy a 1997-1999 vtec model next year, I drive enthusiastically and a PHP would be nice, my current ride has its alloys only, but does the drivetrain differences make it feel like a different car?

Sell it now, and get the 2000-2006 model in 2 years, whose ugly looks are only now being forgiven to me for the opulence of the interior. (ps I had a Ford Scorpio and I liked the ugly looks, so I dont know why I had a downer on the Lex which looks similar at the front !)

Opinions as ever chaps,

what would you do ?

... but my house roof is leaking ...

I live in Norfolk and a local firm just fixed my roof for less than £3k. If you think this is a good price and it would help you keep the LS ...

There's no enjoyment in a car if the cost of it stresses you.

In a few years the values of these big cars will have been reduced even further, as the EU is hell-bent on taxing gas guzzlers out of existence.

No simple answer.

If the cost of ownership stresses you - get rid of it. When things change, pick up a younger model.

If it's not about cost, keep it. You know where the miles have come from.

Hi the vvti mark4 is a completely differant drive to my old mark2 but they do handle better.as well as the wheels they are lower and i think slightly harder.Id say sell and buy in 2 year the price is dropping like a stone.

PS my mate is a roofer and he lives near North walsham,pm me if you would like his details

Andy

Cheers chaps,

Jellybean 3K, ha ha ha ha ha ha ( hystrical laughter ) , if my roof costs 3k Ill be moving into the car.

Really I was silly to buy right now, as I'm still paying HP on the Scenic which is now gathering dust off road! But the lure of the Lex was strong !!

It is paid for, and I do have the space to store it, but more power and more toys are on the later models. The MK4 is growing on me despite being 6cm higher than a MK3, its moved the game on.

I got my LS for a good price, and its a good alloys/exterio/interior colour combo, so I will try to sell.

andyman can I have your roofer mates details then :)

ps any of you chaps ever go to Yarmouth, theres a couple Lexus Ls I've seen there.

Jellybean 3K, ha ha ha ha ha ha (hysterical laughter), if my roof costs 3k Ill be moving into the car.

You dunno how many holes it had ! Been leaking for nearly 20 years.

Mind you, one quote was for £6.5k. Either the bloke didn't want the job, or he mistook me for the Duke of Westminster. (Well, he did spot the LS.)

Cheers chaps,

Jellybean 3K, ha ha ha ha ha ha ( hystrical laughter ) , if my roof costs 3k Ill be moving into the car.

Really I was silly to buy right now, as I'm still paying HP on the Scenic which is now gathering dust off road! But the lure of the Lex was strong !!

It is paid for, and I do have the space to store it, but more power and more toys are on the later models. The MK4 is growing on me despite being 6cm higher than a MK3, its moved the game on.

I got my LS for a good price, and its a good alloys/exterio/interior colour combo, so I will try to sell.

andyman can I have your roofer mates details then :)

ps any of you chaps ever go to Yarmouth, theres a couple Lexus Ls I've seen there.

I sent you a pm with his details im not sure if it sent or not,(as i seem to be having pm problems)if you didnt get it pm me and ill try to return it.

Andy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links