Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I rang my local motor factor for the price and brand of filters for the Lex, and they said they are branded japarts.

Has anyone had these before and got and good, or bad things to say?

As a rule yes they are fine, 99% of the time they are just as good as branded parts (and a lot of the time come out of the same factory :whistling:) so unless you are going for performance parts/filter etc then the ones your local place should be fine :)

Thanks for your reply.....may treat beasty to the proper oil and filter as I suspect garage used cheap oil and just sucked it out. If I cant sell it for reasonable money, then it can sit on my drive being pampered for a year. :)

Thanks for your reply.....may treat beasty to the proper oil and filter as I suspect garage used cheap oil and just sucked it out. If I cant sell it for reasonable money, then it can sit on my drive being pampered for a year. :)

LOL Sounds like a plan :D

I might be interested next year (after some pampering of course), I got one already but its white and hard to hide the age.

Done a few jobs myself and its had most common problems fixed, but at 230k miles and a k reg, its worth nothing to anybody but me, its not broke down in 5 years so i am expecting more unwanted bills in the coming years...mechanics seem to moan as the nuts/bolts are all buggers to get off so the bills can creep up. It is a bit flaky/rusty underneath around the rear end, and had to change one brake pipe, the rest look as bad - so the clock is ticking.

Whats the info on yours? miles, age, previous work, due work etc.

I like the black and dont mind fixing some things myself, so be honest :D

Its alright I wont hold you to anythin :)

Mines at 162,000, 1997, Full history with lots of paperwork, receipts etc, but treat that with a pinch of salt as theres a gap from 2004ish when the cambelt and other stuff was done to when I bought it from a garage in 2009. Air con was weak so asked them to top up, they didnt do it, but wasnt worth the hassle to go back as I got a train and taxi to pick up the car, and I havent done anything to fix it. The prev owner had lots of cars and most were SORN for long periods of time.

Its not actually black, its a very dark green metallic that usually looks black. Polishes up great but doesnt stay that way. Mushroom kindve coloured interior.

Its my daily driver doing 40 miles a day, so to be honest most days its sport mode and 5,000+ revs once I hit dual carriageway.

All I've done so far is fix the swimming pool in the boot, but now I've done 3,000 miles its time for new oil and filters.

There is a trim rattle on the left hand side of the cabin that annoys, but noone else says they can hear it (theyre wrong). As for driving faults, sometimes theres some shake at the wheel, so I'll get them balanced, but it could be some bushings. Theres no clangs, bangs, creaks, or groans.

The bottom of the rear wheel wells ideally needs patching as the previous numpty obviously left mud on them, but its a minor repair and I just leave the rubber bings out the boot so no water gets trapped there.

Been relentlessly reliable and was going to sell to fix my house, but more than that I want more power, so am tempted to save for a XJR V8 which is what I was looking for before I bought the Lexus.

.... so am tempted to save for a XJR V8 ....
A powerful Jag will remind you of your bygone 750i in terms of abysmal mpg, I presume.
.... I want more power ....
Same as myself. The LS/GS/SC intake / exhaust system is severely clogged ex works.

On this side of strapping a compressor onto the engine :shutit: I will in due time

- eliminate the pre-cats

- reduce the internal exhaust drag (but not too much!!) [custom or magnaflow], and add a >bit< more pipe music

- get an easy-inhalation air filter

I think these measures will add up to a power output increase of 5 to 8% over the present standard.

I use Mobil1 oil 0W40 fully synth. It is very efficient in a cold engine, but it does not boost power.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links