Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anything I Should Be Aware Of When Changing The Battery.

When I was in getting a cam belt change at Charlesworths, they mentioned the Battery was showing signs of failing.

Left it a month or so, and had a couple of incidences where it will crank slower and only just catch then be fine for a week, so I picked up a new Battery.

Before I pull the old one, is the radio coded? I have "Lexus Audio Security" stickers in the windows.

Just a look would have it, the handbook isn't with the rest of the paperwork, so I can't even check what the code is if it has one.

If I'm just changing the Battery do I need to do anything afterwards like reprogramming the keys?

I'm not pulling the old one until I know, or have to, but I don't want to be driving round with a dead weight in the boot either.

Cheers guys

Changing the Battery shouldn't cause you any problems other than you will lose the trip mileage and the clock and radio presets will reset to default. Keys will be fine, as will the radio as it isn't coded.

Changing the battery shouldn't cause you any problems other than you will lose the trip mileage and the clock and radio presets will reset to default. Keys will be fine, as will the radio as it isn't coded.

Magic, job tomorrow then is changing the Battery.

Then it is all good until the next service.

When I was in getting a cam belt change at Charlesworths, they mentioned the battery was showing signs of failing.

Left it a month or so, and had a couple of incidences where it will crank slower and only just catch then be fine for a week, so I picked up a new battery.

Before I pull the old one, is the radio coded? I have "Lexus Audio Security" stickers in the windows.

Just a look would have it, the handbook isn't with the rest of the paperwork, so I can't even check what the code is if it has one.

If I'm just changing the battery do I need to do anything afterwards like reprogramming the keys?

I'm not pulling the old one until I know, or have to, but I don't want to be driving round with a dead weight in the boot either.

Cheers guys

no problem just change it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links