Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello From Nottingham

vtek

Hello people

I finally managed to get my LOC account activated. I have had my new Lexus IS200 SE (1999) for just over 2 months now, and have been browsing this forum since then, but only registered this week as I am in need of a few bits for my new shiny Lexus.

1. Lowering

========

I am looking to get it lowered, so am after some decent springs to lower by about 30mm. I currently have the 18" Aero alloys with 255 tyres, so hopefully lowering by 30mm will be just right, as I want it to remain practical especially with some of the speed bumps around Notts.

I have had a read on the forums, and have decided to go for the TTE springs from Toyota, who sell them for £134.08 + VAT (£158). Which compared to other springs I have seen, seems quite reasonable considereing it's from main dealer. Unless anyone know's of a any other suppliers....I have searched everywhere incl ProLex and no one else does them.

So if anyone selling 2nd hand ones then let me know...

2. Trunk Lip Spoiler

=============

These are about £118 +vat from dealer, but have seen them on eBay for half the price, and they can be bought already painted:

From Germany (unpainted): £24 + £15 del

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

OR from Taiwan (Painted): £50 + £20 Del

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Anyone bought these spoilers? what are they like? I don't want them to look tacky.

Thanks

Hi & Welcome :D

Personally I'd go for the TTE springs, usually 2nd hand ones only come up as whole kits (shocks & springs) though you may get lucky

As for the lip spoiler, they don't look tacky as they are neat and not at all aeroplane like :whistling: whether you go for the painted or unpainted all depends on your skills with a spray gun/can :winky: Though I'd watch the one from Taiwan as you may get stung with customs charges

Though I'd watch the one from Taiwan as you may get stung with customs charges

Is this likely? I have seen a few posts on this forum where ppl have bought them, but no mention of custom charges tho...will it be better to get one from Germany then? I don't mind doing spray myself, but if it's only extra £20 for buying ready painted, then it won't be too bad because some paint will probably cost a tenner at least anyway, then time to do it...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links