Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is Series 2010 Prices

Hi everyone

My first post on an excellent and informative forum, I hope someone can help.

I attended the Experience Lexus IS last weekend where I test drove a IS250 SE-L Auto with multimedia. Very impressed with it and I made up my mind to get one. I told the sales rep that I had heard of some enhancements to the 2010 model that appealed to me, namely the upgrade to the sat nav and the inclusion of a usb port, and that I would wait until they were available. The sales rep went to see her manager, came back and told me that they would sell me the 2010 model for the same price as the 2009. I asked what the price of the 2010 250 SE-L Auto MM would be in relation to the 2009 model and was told there would be a 2-3% increase and of course extra VAT when that goes back up in December. I would also be benefiting from the £1,550 finance contribution if I agree the purchase before the end of September 2009.

Does this seem like a good deal? Does anyone know what the prices of the 2010 IS range are yet? I'm a bit wary of this 'deal' as the price of this car actually went down about £1,000 for the 2009 compared to the 2008 model, even with the enhancements.

Thanks in advance.

juicestop,

The IS250 SE-L auto will increase by £665 on MY2010. Multimedia will increase to £3,050 from £2,655 and will be HDD as oppsed to DVD based. So, in total, an IS250 SE-L auto with metallic (£580) and Multimedia will be £32,750 OTR as opposed to £31,690 for the same car on MY2009. A difference of £1,060. You'll gain USB and HDD on the Multimedia. If you want to try the HDD Sat-nav, ask to see it on an IS250C as that has the same system.

No £1,550 finance contribution if you go to MY2010-this is on MY2009 only.

Hope this helps.

Thanks spil, exactly the info I was after.

The deal offered to me was that if I order now I will get the MY2010 at the current price AND benefit from the £1,550 finance contribution as part of the deal.

It seems like a good deal to me, however I have noticed that (slightly off topic) internet car broker sites offer extremely good discounts for new cars, and was also wondering if anyone has bought a new car from them at the advertised discounted prices.

Hi Steve

Yes I did that but they just laughed at it and said that these sites just exist for data retention - which I thought was a poor response. Anyway, they said they wouldn't take anything of the list price apart from the £1,550 finance contribution. Broker4cars are offering the IS250 SE-L MY2009 with MM and metallic paint at £27,521.16 - over £4k off the list price from Lexus.

juicestop,

Watch how you go here. At the start of the year, internet brokers were offering crazy deals on IS. Problem was, once the order was placed, the broker couldn't locate a car or offered something different. That said, SE-L is the slowest selling grade, so you should be able to pick up a MY2009 if you try hard enough. Also, it's getting toward the end of the month and the quarter so somebody will try hard for you.

You've been offered a MY2010 at MY2009 price. That saves you £665. Chuck in the finance contribution and you're at £2,215. Your dealer still has margin up his sleeve so you need to try and haggle some of that out of her.

OR

It may be the case that while your dealer is saying that she'll maintain the finance contribution, what she would have to do is take it out of her margin as Lexus have only guaranteed the £1,550 deposit on cars registered by 30/9/2009. MY2010 cars won't be registerable until October and so she'll have very little margin left.

And she has to make a living, no? ;)

spil

Thanks for the warning. I was thinking of waiting for the MY2010 model to be offered by the brokers, hoping that the price will still represent a £3-4k saving on Lexus list. I'm in no hurry to get the car so don't mind if there is a longer lead time from the broker, I'm just after the best deal. Overall I think the Lexus dealer offer is reasonable, but if I can save more from the broker I'm prepared to wait. I'll certainly haggle for a bit more discount from Lexus before I make my mind up.

juicestop,

By all means haggle but better to go into your local Centre with a firm price for them to match and making sure that they know you're ready to

deal there and then if they agree to your terms.

If the money's the same or thereabouts, better to buy locally than deal with a faceless cyber-broker.

faceless cyber-broker

I was under the impression that these web deals all put you in contact with a UK Lexus Dealer to get the car at the agreed price. There is also on that you can get the dealers to do like an auction an bid down on the price they are going to offer you the car at.

Illestjt

Yes you are right, all of the broker sites have got deals pre-sorted with a dealer who they will put you in touch with, so ultimately you deal with the dealer. There is also a bidding site - Autoebid - who get dealers to bid the lowest price against each other and then you pay the best offer from the bid winner.

Has anyone bought or tried to buy their car from one of these sites, I would be interested to hear of your experiences.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links