Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I am looking at replacing my trust worthy Rx300 which is now six and a bit years old. I no longer require this size of vehicle and was considering an IS250SE-L or the other car is The GS300 with all the nice boys toys on board. I would like honest opinions of the GS300 please.

Have already ordered an IS220d SE-I for my wife, to replace her five anad a half year old IS200 with just under 24k on the clock, we should get delivery in about four weeks

I am looking at replacing my trust worthy Rx300 which is now six and a bit years old. I no longer require this size of vehicle and was considering an IS250SE-L or the other car is The GS300 with all the nice boys toys on board. I would like honest opinions of the GS300 please.

Have already ordered an IS220d SE-I for my wife, to replace her five anad a half year old IS200 with just under 24k on the clock, we should get delivery in about four weeks

The GS300 Is a great car. Is it the Mk3 you're looking for? I have owned my car a few months and there are a few things to look for. Make sure that the recall work has been done. The steering rack and rear brake callipers need to change. Also it is now transpiring that on early Mk3 GS models the ECU can throw up warning messages. Make sure that this has been changed under warranty. The cars affected are 2005 to late 2006. This is a £3k bill for the repair.

Apart from the above the car is wonderful. It's a super smooth drive with a beautiful gearbox, returns good MPG and is a very cool car. It is one of those rare things with me that after 7 months of ownership I still look forward to getting in it and drive. It has lots of gadgets too and all very useful. Reliability is of course fantastic. I test drove the IS250 but to compare the two is pointless. Take a GS out for a test drive and you will be hooked. You will not see many GS's on the road unlike BMW or Merc which makes this quite an exclusive car. People will comment about your car too, more than any other main stream marque, this car turns heads. Put on some private plates as because of the quality paint and interior quality people will struggle to guess the age.

Test drive and see for yourself!

:D

The GS300 Is a great car. Is it the Mk3 you're looking for? I have owned my car a few months and there are a few things to look for. Make sure that the recall work has been done. The steering rack and rear brake callipers need to change. Also it is now transpiring that on early Mk3 GS models the ECU can throw up warning messages. Make sure that this has been changed under warranty. The cars affected are 2005 to late 2006. This is a £3k bill for the repair.

Apart from the above the car is wonderful. It's a super smooth drive with a beautiful gearbox, returns good MPG and is a very cool car. It is one of those rare things with me that after 7 months of ownership I still look forward to getting in it and drive. It has lots of gadgets too and all very useful. Reliability is of course fantastic. I test drove the IS250 but to compare the two is pointless. Take a GS out for a test drive and you will be hooked. You will not see many GS's on the road unlike BMW or Merc which makes this quite an exclusive car. People will comment about your car too, more than any other main stream marque, this car turns heads. Put on some private plates as because of the quality paint and interior quality people will struggle to guess the age.

Ditto ... I could not have put it better myself and I completely agree with everypoint. Totally superior on the road too B)

Ditto ... I could not have put it better myself and I completely agree with everypoint. Totally superior on the road too B)

This will ba a new one on a 59 plate, just arranged to have a demo car from tonight till Sunday.

Hi,

If you're lucky enough to go for a brand new GS then you should have no problems! Negotiate on price though, What Car magazine do a 'what to pay' section online and in their magazines. You may have to travel for the best deal but the difference could be £1000's!

Thanks for the feedback on the GS. I have ordered a GS300SE with 18" wheels and boot spoiler.

The car is in Black with Ivory trim should be picking thsi up on October first.

Think I got a good deal, boot liner, Supaguard, full tank and a set of rubber floor mats to try and save the carpets, just under £32k

Thanks for the feedback on the GS. I have ordered a GS300SE with 18" wheels and boot spoiler.

The car is in Black with Ivory trim should be picking thsi up on October first.

Think I got a good deal, boot liner, Supaguard, full tank and a set of rubber floor mats to try and save the carpets, just under £32k

A good choice! Please let us know how you get on with the delivery and Lexus service and once you receive the car a few pics would be great!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got the GS Friday and have done about 300 miles over the weekend. Stunning car to drive and a fuel return of 32mpg. Will post some pcs soon on this black beastie. Very impressed with the car just got to learn what everything does and being a noerth eatener by origin need to get the voice commands right, can't make my mind up is it my accent or the car thats a bit thick.

Well I got the GS Friday and have done about 300 miles over the weekend. Stunning car to drive and a fuel return of 32mpg. Will post some pcs soon on this black beastie. Very impressed with the car just got to learn what everything does and being a noerth eatener by origin need to get the voice commands right, can't make my mind up is it my accent or the car thats a bit thick.

Hi!

I'm glad you like the car and all is ok!

Regarding the voice commands, I forget I have that as I don't use it. I too have a northern accent and it doesn't seem to understand me, 'radio 2' I say, 'air con off' the reply....It's quite amusing when stuck in traffic. My wife has better luck with it, change radio, aircon warmer, navigate home etc, she's not a northerner though and has a clear voice rather than a mumble.

A wonderful car though!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links