Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Can I Make Automatic Night Mode Manual?

I have Mk4 LS400 DHP and in twilight the "automatic night mode" is really really irritating as it flicks from day to night and back again depending on the light, shadow, etc. I wondered if I can set it so the dash goes into "night mode" when I put the headlights on regardless of the light conditions.

Cheers.

Also - how do I reset the clock, I'm still on BST!

Sorry I cant help but just thought I'd register my interest with this too. Mainly just because I think the screen looks much better when in night mode.

The clock is set through the menu option on the navigation screen though, so that's half your query

Matt

I have Mk4 LS400 DHP and in twilight the "automatic night mode" is really really irritating as it flicks from day to night and back again depending on the light, shadow, etc. I wondered if I can set it so the dash goes into "night mode" when I put the headlights on regardless of the light conditions.

Not much of an answer, but I guess you could try putting something over the sensor so that it thinks it's pitch black. It's one of the black plastic circles on the top of the dash near the bottom of the screen. I believe one of them is used for the illumination sensing, the other is used by the aircon to make it slightly cooler in the full glare of sun.

Jon

Hello all,

I can't tell you how to set your screen to night time vision but I can tell you that if you turn the dial which adjusts the brightness of the dash lights all the way round to the right until it clicks then this will cancel the auto dimming of the dash lights when the exterior light fades.

Hope this helps you.

Redsteve.

P.S. Will you even be able to see what is on the screen in bright sunlight if you try and set the screen to night time vision?

Thanks for that! I only want the screen to go into "night vision" when I put the headlights on, not all the time. I think maybe my sensor is a bit tempremental or something because if I put my lights on in the early evening when the light begines to fade (about 3 pm this time of year LOL) the screen doesn't go black, until I go under a brridge or pass a bus or something or turn a corner by a tall building and then it flashes into black as the shadow hits the sensor and then back again after which is most distracting. So I find I don't put my lights on until it starts to get properly dark which isn't as safe in a dark coloured car...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links