Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coilovers

mad mel

ok guys i got myself some bc racing coilovers... however theyve only being fitted a month and theyre doing my head in already as they have just started squeaking...

has anyone else had this problem or anything... im starting to think i may have to return them???

heres a pic of the car as it sits at the minute...

Image0094.jpg

i had the same problem on mine but it was my fault by not reading the instructions properly on how to adjust the ride hight on them,

i was loosening the bottom lock nut and winding them down using the top 2 locking nuts for the spring which was causing the spring to tighten up hense the sqeeking noise,but then loosened it up now theres no noise at all.

i even emailed bc racing for clarification on this and it was confirmed i was doing it wrong,plus your cars to low imo

yes, when i go over bumps at low speeds i hear them squeaking... i didnt adjust the tension of the spring... i adjusted the ride height by the very bottom of the strut.

did you turn the strut cylinder to adjust the height then (point E on the diagram below) and not touched F at all?

photo-31.jpg

if your still having probs ring them as i have found there customer service excellent

might be your anti roll bar bushes,spray all of the lower bushes with silicon spray and see if it goes away.ps i like low cars too but the is200 doesnt like being that low!!!

aaron abbott yeah thats exactly the way i adjusted them... i think thats the right way according to the instructions?

and guys i didnt really think i had it lowered excessively. the arch sits just over the tyres... not down over them but just at the top... can still fit a finger between arch and tyre easily...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links