Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Trc Light And Mangement Light

tickletickle

hi there

i have had my lexus is200 for 19months now and everything has been fine until recently.

the trc light and mangement light came on in september so i took it to my local garage and they said it was a problem with the coil packs so they changed just 1 and the car was running fine for about a month! since then i have had a coil pack changed every month. then friday the lights came on again but this time the garage found the car needed a new set of plugs so they have been changed. so i pick it up and had a drive around init for about half hour and the lights have come back on and the car is running like before really rough. so its going back in on monday to have another coil pack change.

this is my first lexus so all things that go wrong with the car are all new to me.

i will be grateful of any help.

thanks

thats strange mate. i would get them to check the wires. and how many coil packs have you changed.

btw welcome to the club mate

thanks for the reply.

its had 4 coil pack's including the 1 its just gone in for, i have now had my car back and i still have the same problem so its going back into the garage in the morning.

cheers.

thats strange mate. i would get them to check the wires. and how many coil packs have you changed.

btw welcome to the club mate

thanks for the reply.

its had 4 coil pack's including the 1 its just gone in for, i have now had my car back and i still have the same problem so its going back into the garage in the morning.

cheers.

heard from my garage its something to do with the engine compression and the valves now ???

So they didn't diagnose it properly in the first place? Is this Lexus garage?

hi there,

no they didn't diagnose it properly the first time around, and just to let you know no its not a lexus garage.

thanks

remove your car from these clowns and go to LEXUS they will charge you half an hours diagnostic and once you have found out what you need go else where and buy it,or you can even go to toyota for the diag(its the same car)also toyota is slightly cheaper

disagree if you will but i doubt that its got problems with the valves/compression as after they replaced the coils it was ok for a wee bit if it was the valves it would have never got better!!!take it to someone that knows what theyre talking about!!!!!it would have been cheaper!!!

also if you had problems with your valves/compression on all of the cylinders you have replaced all the coils on(one a month as you said so all packed in very close together)your car would prob be running very bad and poss not running at all!!

• 2 weeks later...
So they didn't diagnose it properly in the first place? Is this Lexus garage?

hi there,

no they didn't diagnose it properly the first time around, and just to let you know no its not a lexus garage.

thanks

remove your car from these clowns and go to LEXUS they will charge you half an hours diagnostic and once you have found out what you need go else where and buy it,or you can even go to toyota for the diag(its the same car)also toyota is slightly cheaper

disagree if you will but i doubt that its got problems with the valves/compression as after they replaced the coils it was ok for a wee bit if it was the valves it would have never got better!!!take it to someone that knows what theyre talking about!!!!!it would have been cheaper!!!

also if you had problems with your valves/compression on all of the cylinders you have replaced all the coils on(one a month as you said so all packed in very close together)your car would prob be running very bad and poss not running at all!!

hi

happy new year

well i had my car back after sometime in the garage, but haven't driven it much yet, but had a number of things changed on it, including head gasket set, 2 vavles , water pump, head skimmed. so only time will tell. just hope that everything is fine now.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
where was the car taken to? how much did all that cost mate?

it was taken to my local garage and it cost £800.00

the car is running alot better now since having all them things done to it, i also had the timming belt changed when it was in the garage just forgot to note it..

cheers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links