Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just A Small Plug/wire Issue For A New Hu ( Ls400 Mk2 )

Bought a Metra ( never again btw ) fascia kit for an LS400 Mk2 ( late 1993 ) with an amp integration harness, but the harness seems to match up with nothing.

Kits is supposed to be for Lexus LS400 1990-1994 and Says on the harness packet 'Toyota amp integration harness 70-8112', along with 'no cutting needed', but the white plug on the end does not match with any of the factory plugs behind the old head unit once its removed. And the amp is of course in the boot.

What am I missing here ? Something blindingly obvious no doubt.

And just as a typical question, I am guessing with a new HU I will have to splice each wire one at a time since they are loose ( unplugged ), take it there is no trick way to buy a plug and wire the HU wires into that so I can plug it straight into the factory loom ? ( Adapters for the factory loom to ISO for example ).

Many thanks !

post-31693-1262872180.jpg

Thanks Monster-Mat, that makes sense I didn't think to check.

I'm getting utterly confused anyway, my head is killing me now.

I see harness adapters for sale, but nothing that says to me " I will fit an LS400 1993 with amp ", and all the searching I have done is sending me in circles, including going through the search on this forum a good many times, I just end up going over the same pages with IS200 info.

If I can get an adapter to fit the factory plugs on the harness with whatever on the other end, even bare wires, that will be great and I can wire up the new head unit. This is my first attempt at fitting an aftermarket head unit into the LS400, and so I did not realize the amp in the boot just powers the rear sub, I thought it did all the speakers, is that about right ?

If it doe's only power the rear sub then I don't need it as I'm going for a separate sub set up, I just want to find a headache free way to hook my Head unit into the current system to use the stock door speakers, aerial and such like.

Any more help out there ?

Many thanks again !

Well I'm getting nowhere fast. I have contacted just about every car audio company I can and none have or are able to source any adapters or anything even close for what I have ( 2 plug factory harness + 2 smaller plugs for CD changer&amp ). Its going to be a night mare to have to wire in a head unit one wire at a time.

Anywhere have a chart of the factory wires IE, " pink=left front speaker" and so on ? I have the redtape.pdf file but that doesn't seem to match up with the factory harness I have, so I'm guessing it might be for single plugged ones.

Many thanks !

• 3 months later...

Well I'm getting nowhere fast. I have contacted just about every car audio company I can and none have or are able to source any adapters or anything even close for what I have ( 2 plug factory harness + 2 smaller plugs for CD changer&amp ). Its going to be a night mare to have to wire in a head unit one wire at a time.

Anywhere have a chart of the factory wires IE, " pink=left front speaker" and so on ? I have the redtape.pdf file but that doesn't seem to match up with the factory harness I have, so I'm guessing it might be for single plugged ones.

Many thanks !

Hi, did you ever have any luck? I'm trying to add a pukka hands-free kit to our '95 LS400 and am in a VERY similar situation. About to set about it with test gear and etc....

Many thanks for any words of help/support!

Cheers,

Ben

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links