Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2001 - 51 Is300 Saloon

The Swede

My intro ! Long term car enthusiast and member of a few car fora.

Last year we were looking for an easy to drive runabout for my girlfriend. She needed a car but was uncomfortable with driving any of the cars we had being afraid she damage the one or be killed by the other. She also did not want a typical hatchback...

I had to requirements: safety and reliability. I travel a lot and last thing I want is her calling me while I am away saying her car broke down.

So I started looking for a second hand car and ended up buying an IS 300 from a local trader. 110000 miles, full option and with a full Lexus service history.

We now have it a year and I find myself driving it fairly often for local trips myself. It's covered only 4700 miles since we got it and is a dream on reliability and easy of driving.

DSC06727.jpg

DSC06731.jpg

DSC07961.jpg

Drove mine for the first time in 10 days - got to love the 300 :)

TBH, I've been amazed by how good the car is.

I've always driven German cars and was convinced the Lexus was just a 'stop gap' before I bought her a Merc too but I now find myself thinking whether we should trade up to a GS300 :)

Is there any area on this forum where members put a thread about their car and update it regularly with pics and news on what is being done to the car as maintenance or modifications?

There's a modfication & tuning sub-section under the main IS200/IS300 section

Is there any area on this forum where members put a thread about their car and update it regularly with pics and news on what is being done to the car as maintenance or modifications?

And if you do not modify or tune your IS but simply want to keep an update of the car regularly?

Some fora have a "garage" section where you keep a thread of the car(s) you got. Hence my question.

And if you do not modify or tune your IS but simply want to keep an update of the car regularly?

Some fora have a "garage" section where you keep a thread of the car(s) you got. Hence my question.

We have a registry/garage here and also a gallery of various cars/meets etc which both can be found along the bottom of the main banner at the top of the page

• 11 months later...

We have a registry/garage here and also a gallery of various cars/meets etc which both can be found along the bottom of the main banner at the top of the page

That link doesn't seem to work anymore. Possible?

Or runabout has proven its use again.

We live not far from Isola 2000 so I decided to put the Evo's (and even scoob's) old wintertyres on the Lexus again for our weekends out skiing.

Who needs 4WD? I've even switched the traction control off to climb this hill (pure ice). I dare you to do this with an RX300 on summertyres.

• 1 year later...

Thought I'd give an update on the car.

Since we had it, only costs were normal service, a set of wiperblades, a bulb for the interior light and recently front discs and pads... Most uneventful 3 years of car ownership I've ever known :lol:

It's got 119000 miles now and looking to part with it soon and get a similar age GS.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links