Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Phase Ii Rx300 Brake Upgrades

New guy here with probably lots of questions to follow ;)

My RX needs new front discs shortly and I've found either the EBC Turbo groove discs or DBA discs from TDI, both with greenstuff pads.

Has anyone got experience of brake upgrades on the RX? Is it worth it or just as well to stick with the standard setup?

Dave

Hi Dave, welcome to the LoC :)

My only experience with these brakes was when I fitted them to my PUG 205 Gti and found them to be a great combination. Low dust, good bite from the off (except in extremely cold conditions when they needed to warm up a bit) and excellent pedal feel.

However I am not sure that they would be suitable on such a heavy car as the RX. I find the standard brakes to be more than adequate for the job and would fit them each time. If you do want to go down the EBC route, then I would suggest you look at something more meaty than the GreenStuff - IIRC their YellowStuff pads are specifically formulated for SUVs? I think the GreenStuff would lack bite and pedal feel on such a heavy car.

On a car, yes; on an SUV, probably not!

Hi there

I fitted EBC Greenstuff pads 6000`s meant for 4x4 use. These were fitted to my Mitsubishi Delica 2.8td, they stated less dust infact i had a lot more dust then the blueprint pads. I checked them after about 500 miles and was glad i did as the pad had started to delaminate from the backing. I contacted EBC regarding this fault and all they could say was buy another set at £64 and send us the other if they are faulty we will send you a refund it shoud take around 2 months. So i told them to suff there pads. I will never use EBC pads again.

I use blueprint pads on my 3l harrier and they stop it in a heart beat and there is not a lot of dust. This is just my opinion and from an experience i have had but there are probably a lot of people out there who have no issues with these pads.

Cheers

Eddie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links