Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Few Expensive Problems?

Evening all

Loving wafting around in V8 luxury my first 3 weeks of ownership and have put 1400 miles on the clock now at (140k). After a visit to Station view Garage plymouth (superb service highly recommended) on monday morning the guys have given me a list of jobs required.

1. Front to rear brake pipe corroded (just had a full brake check 2 days before but they didnt spot this???)

2. Play in front bottom ball joints

3. Exhaust blowing from front flanges

4. Oil leak from PAS pump

5. O/S/F seat belt frayed

with advisorys of front and rear offside springs corroded

and slight play in O/S/F upper suspension B/joint

The exhaust the garage did not seem to keen on tackling and advised going to an exhaust fabrication garage to have some new pipe sections made up.

He did not check brakes as as mentioned had this done on the saturday at a different garage who failed to spot the brake pipe corrosion and told me the suspension was solid as a rock.

Do you guys think i am looking at mega bucks for all this work in a garage especially the exhaust or would i be advised to scrap car end of august when MOT expires ( I do not want to do this as love the car and surprisingly the wife loves it more than me http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/sty...icons/icon1.gif and is getting upset when i say it might need scrapping)

Sorry for long post

The engine will be just run in at 140k. Id repair the brakes now and do the others as you go along.

If your handy with the spanners they are all easy jobs but for the ball joint which is a bit fiddly.

If the exhaust flanges arnt too bad, ie not rusted away completely, you can put in new gaskets at £4.11 each from Lexus ot Toyota and use a little metal putty on the flange faces to fill the gap. It costs about a tenner and should last a few months.

I think its such a shame to scrap these cars when all they need is a few repairs every now and then.

Good luck mate.

PS. Funny thing is....my wife love our LS as much as i do. and she has never been into cars.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links