Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need Mt Is200

Hello everyone

just made an account but im not in the uk im in japan. i have an is200 auto got it really cheap its great i just wanna do some things to it to make it more...race friendly. im in need of the fabled 6 speed as i have looked around here and not found one. ive been told the altezza 6 speed will bolt up to it but no one here can tell me for sure. if you have the time please help me clear this up. i have an altezza transmission lined up if thats the case. i really dont want to do a 2jz swap so please dont tell me about it ive looked into it and im not willing to spend my hard earned cash on it. thanks in advance!!!

Eckert

I just left Japan.

I have an Altezza on its way here.

The IS200 and the Altezza AS200 are the exact same car mechanically,

unless yours is LHD, then the biggest difference is that.

but the Altezza RS200 has the same 6MT as the AS200/IS200.

and the Altezza AS300/Lexus IS300 has a different gearbox.

So, to answer your question, yes, the Altezza 6MT will fit...

you would be better off just buying an Altezza though, in my opinion.

If you have that much done to your IS200, it would most likely be easier to just switch it all over to a manual transmission vehicle vs. doing a manual conversion.

But that is just my opinion, good luck with your search.

If you need a mechanic, and you are up north (Aomori Prefecture?),

let me know, i can point you in the right direction for parts and labour.

Race friendly & 1GFE don't go together in the same sentence :P Like griderjn said, you'd be better off buying a RS200 if you want to race.

If you're still keen on a manual conversion you'll need to get the bits from an AS200 as the bell housings are different between the 1GFE & 3SGE.

hey well thanks much for the information im kind of a gear head back home but its a whole other ball game with these rhd vehicles. so much is different. Thanks for the help though maybe i will just get an altezza but i only paid $5000 for my is200 and its already cosmetically beautiful. i have a full blitz body kit, canary yellow repaint over the toyota yellow, HKS CAI, removed the gay little spoiler, tinted back three 0% and front two 35%. it looks really sharp i dont want to strip it you know?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links