Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner 2007 Is220D

shadieb

Hi guys, just traded in my 2003 Shogun 3.2DiD Elegance Auto in for a 2007 (57) IS 220d. I have had a test drive in the 220 and really enjoyed it. We don't get it until sometime next week as the dealers we purchased it from were short staffed due to illness.

I didn't know about the forums until after I bought the car and I am now a bit worried about buying the diesel. Read loads of horror stories about it already :(

I will be happy as long the car averages around 30mpg as this will be nearly double what the Shogun did to the gallon, which is one of the reasons we decided to trade it in, plus the fact they offered me £7500 part ex for it :)

We also need the Lexus to pull our caravan and according to whattowcar website it is a 100% match which is great, although the towbar cost is nearly £400 fitted <ouch!>

On the test drive the Lexus seemed really powerful, had loads of punch and drove lovely. The clutch felt a bit springy but I haven't driven a manual car for nearly 2 years now. The gearstick was smooth and easy to glide into gear. I have read about them having really long gearing but when I drove it it seemed fine and was up into 5th gear in no time. I didn't get chance to get into 6th gear because of traffic which is worrying me now. I really liked the car even though it was only a standard spec it did have rear parking sensors fitted, a big bonus for the missus.

Please tell me I haven't made a huge mistake going for the Lexus?

Cheers.

Hi guys, just traded in my 2003 Shogun 3.2DiD Elegance Auto in for a 2007 (57) IS 220d. I have had a test drive in the 220 and really enjoyed it. We don't get it until sometime next week as the dealers we purchased it from were short staffed due to illness.

I didn't know about the forums until after I bought the car and I am now a bit worried about buying the diesel. Read loads of horror stories about it already sad.gif

I will be happy as long the car averages around 30mpg as this will be nearly double what the Shogun did to the gallon, which is one of the reasons we decided to trade it in, plus the fact they offered me £7500 part ex for it smile.gif

We also need the Lexus to pull our caravan and according to whattowcar website it is a 100% match which is great, although the towbar cost is nearly £400 fitted <ouch!>

On the test drive the Lexus seemed really powerful, had loads of punch and drove lovely. The clutch felt a bit springy but I haven't driven a manual car for nearly 2 years now. The gearstick was smooth and easy to glide into gear. I have read about them having really long gearing but when I drove it it seemed fine and was up into 5th gear in no time. I didn't get chance to get into 6th gear because of traffic which is worrying me now. I really liked the car even though it was only a standard spec it did have rear parking sensors fitted, a big bonus for the missus.

Please tell me I haven't made a huge mistake going for the Lexus?

Cheers.

Welcome mate. Nope you have made a wonderful choice. There are those who unfortunately are bent on knocking the IS220D, and I went through a period of doubt also based on some of the posts. Yep, I have had a couple of problems, but on the scale of other cars, they are minor. My Local Lexus dealer is fanatastic, and all the niggles are now fully sorted under warranty. I've just recently had to long drives and at one point was averaging 48.8 MPG which was great. (not driving gently either!!). ENjoy your Lexus, it's a prestige car which is different from the pack, and reliable.

Col... msn-wink.gif

Thanks for the welcomes and thanks Col for the encouragement it is what I was hoping to hear :)

Really looking forward to it now, just hope the dealer can get it ready asap? 45+ MPG would be totally excellent compared to what we are used to.

On whattowcar website they have a choice for the IS220d standard from 2006 and then there is IS220D standard shortshift from 02/2007 onwards. Ours was registered 21st November 07 so would it be a shortshift version? or is that a totally different model altogether?

Thanks again Paul.

msn-wink.gif

Thanks for the welcomes and thanks Col for the encouragement it is what I was hoping to hear smile.gif

Really looking forward to it now, just hope the dealer can get it ready asap? 45+ MPG would be totally excellent compared to what we are used to.

On whattowcar website they have a choice for the IS220d standard from 2006 and then there is IS220D standard shortshift from 02/2007 onwards. Ours was registered 21st November 07 so would it be a shortshift version? or is that a totally different model altogether?

Thanks again Paul.

Paul, don't think it'll be short shift. Mine is standard and I find it quite nice and positive. It's different from my IS200 sport, but then the 220D is a differnt drive altogether. I love mine to bits now.

Col

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links