Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remove Interior Door Trim

Some nice person has dented my drivers side passenger door on my RX400H.

I wondered if anyone has any experience of how to take the door interior off so I could have a go at the dent from the inside and push it out?

I can't see any screws, it looks like the plastic trim "clips on" to a runner but I don't want to force it just in case.

Any help appreciated.

My Manual is the US version so there may be minor differences.

Try this:

Warning Airbags lurk in this area so be carefull. Also best to disconnect the Battery first.

1. Remove pin fastener near top corner, hinge end.

2. Remove small cover behind door opening handle, a screw will be found behind, remove screw.

3. Pry up window switch panel and disconnect electrics.

4. Pry off the small panel adjacent to door morror.

5. Using a wide bladed tool, carefully pry the door panel away from clips around the perimeter of the door starting at the bottom.

6. Lift panel up and off.

The manual also shows a screw behind the door pull but the photo does not relate to my Mk 2 RX300 so not sure about that one.

Good luck

Thanks for the reply, however given the complexity of this I decided to called DentWizard instead rather than risk any further damage to the door!!!

The DentWizard man came out to my work place and did the job in about an hour. Interestingly, he didn't remove any door components, instead he used the hole that sends the cables throught to the rear door, and pushed the dent out from behing there - clever!!!

Good as new and good value I thought, defintely recommend them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links