Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400 Se-L Mark Levinson Cd Player Warranty Repair

Hi,

Quick question hopefully someone can answer for me. I have a 2005 RX400 SE-L with the Mark Levingson multi-CD setup. Recently it started to give an error 4 when changing CD's so I duly took it down to the Lexus dealer for a checkup. They told me the unit was faulty and managed to agree with Lexus that the header unit would be replaced with a new one. However since the unit has been swapped the new header unit does not have the Mark Levinson logo on the front of it. Does anyone know if this means that it is not the upgraded header unit or are the units actually the same? Any help appreciated. Obviously as the units are embedded in the dash I cannot get to the part number to check it out.

Cheers

Hi Knitware - My understanding is that they all have surround sound in a sense as the basic system has 8 speakers and the mark levinson has 11. The speakers are there, however the replacement unit they have used does not have the ML logo on it? The key question is, does anyone know if there is actually a different header unit for the ML stereo upgrade or is it just a speak and separate amp upgrade that is relevant? I would think that the electronic components in the header unit would be different if the harmonic distortion tolerances of the ML setup are quotes as 0.01 db

I think that the Mark Levison has surround sound, does your replacement unit?

I have since verified with the Lexus Customer Support line that all Mark Levinson header units will come with a ML logo on the front. There are according to Customer Services some major component differences even in the header unit.

Hi Knitware - My understanding is that they all have surround sound in a sense as the basic system has 8 speakers and the mark levinson has 11. The speakers are there, however the replacement unit they have used does not have the ML logo on it? The key question is, does anyone know if there is actually a different header unit for the ML stereo upgrade or is it just a speak and separate amp upgrade that is relevant? I would think that the electronic components in the header unit would be different if the harmonic distortion tolerances of the ML setup are quotes as 0.01 db

Hey Guys,

I've recently being having some issues, which they have finally sorted. My stereo unit was cutting out so they changed the head unit. Oh sorry 06 Rx400h SE-L. Anyway the head unit was a standard unit, not the Mark Levinson and you can definately tell the difference in sound quality. It turned out that that wasn't the fault. It was the pre-amp that's hidden underneath the back seat. Once they changed that out everything has been fine.

I will let you know when they reinstall the original un-faulty Mark Levinson unit.

I have since verified with the Lexus Customer Support line that all Mark Levinson header units will come with a ML logo on the front. There are according to Customer Services some major component differences even in the header unit.

• 3 weeks later...

MasterTC,

I also have had problems with my head unit. I drive an '04 300 SEL and often get the error code 3 or 4. I find that switching off the ingintion and restarting one or two times fixes things. On one occasion I had to remove the head unit all together to get the discs out and get it working again. When I complained to Lexus they said that a replacement would be over a £1000 and because the car was outside of warranty I would have to pay.

The title of your post suggests that you got yours replaced under warranty. Did you set a precedent here or have others on th eforum received a replacement unit whilst outside of warranty?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Even though my car is 05, I have only just purchased it through an authorised Lexus garage and as such the unit was covered under the year warranty.

Cheers

TC

MasterTC,

I also have had problems with my head unit. I drive an '04 300 SEL and often get the error code 3 or 4. I find that switching off the ingintion and restarting one or two times fixes things. On one occasion I had to remove the head unit all together to get the discs out and get it working again. When I complained to Lexus they said that a replacement would be over a £1000 and because the car was outside of warranty I would have to pay.

The title of your post suggests that you got yours replaced under warranty. Did you set a precedent here or have others on th eforum received a replacement unit whilst outside of warranty?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links