Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Was routing through the car today and found that my spare is an 18" rim while my wheels are all 16.

My tyres are 225/55/16 while the spare is a Pirelli PZero 245/40/18,

I cant use this can i? even as a get me home tyre? So wondered if it is an original 10" rear sport wheel and if so keeping in mind the alloy has some kerbing marks but the tyre is in mint condition with about 5 mm tread how much would i be wanting through eBay?

(I am not trying to sell this here so hope i am not breaking any rules by asking these questions)

Any help would be great, This is the wheel

wheel.jpg

wheelkerbing.jpg

tyremarking.jpg

tyredepth.jpg

Thankyou (I seem to be saying that to you on a regular basis) I'll probably stick it on ebay and the buy another 16" for a spare. Thanks again :)

Sorry, was meant to say, you certainly can just use it as the spare. It will fit no problem on your non-sport model.

That is a good observation, Whether they fancied the gold alloys for a change i dont know but they probably sold the 18"'s for good money and paid alot less for the 16"'s leaving one in the boot for a spare????.

So if i could get some 18's i wont lose acceleration as the lower profile tyres equates to the same tyre diameter? Is that about right, (just checked from 225/55/16 to 245/40/18 = 1mm difference :D ) Now it's the job of finding some that are not stupid money. I dont know what to look for to see if it is a bona fida sport,

Having said that none were sports coming over were they? I do know it has the spoiler, Grille and lowered, Is there anything else? And if it's not a sport would insurance be cheaper (obviously notifying the wheel and spoiler change from standard) at the moment it is insured as a sport.

Thanks again for your time Tiger ;)

You do lose some acceleration as the 18's weigh more so more unsprung weight. How much difference I don't know.

I don't think there is an insurance price difference but insurance companies are a law unto themselves and make it up as they go along.

You are right, there was technically no such thing as a "Sport" from the factory. They all hit our shores the same and were dealer modified. 25mm drop all round, 8.5" TTE alloys all round with an option for 10" rears. Boot spoiler. Different grill. Window decal in the rear qtr panel windows, front bumper sticker. That was it I think. No performance mods.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links