Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Revs Itself Then Cuts Off!

BenEP2

when i start my car it revs up to 3k revs then cuts it self off!!

Does anyone know why this is?? please help as cant seem to find any one who knows

Cheers Ben

Try throttle body, sensor and position switch

I had similar prob with my last tezza and turned out to be the spring in throttle body had snapped

so every time I revved it, it cut out

Try throttle body, sensor and position switch

I had similar prob with my last tezza and turned out to be the spring in throttle body had snapped

so every time I revved it, it cut out

ok thats interesting, Was it hard to get sorted eg price and do they have to take the engine apart so to speak?

is that the only reason this is happening or could it be something else like a fuel sensor?

Cheers again ben

ok thats interesting, Was it hard to get sorted eg price and do they have to take the engine apart so to speak?

is that the only reason this is happening or could it be something else like a fuel sensor?

Cheers again ben

When i had my tezza diagnosed 1st it came back with 22 faults .LOL

but after the guy cleard the faults it came back with 3 which were throtle sensor, throtle switch & Ecu.

It was non of them either

it was the spring that springs the throtle back it broke and was keep getin traped.

I needed a replacement throtle bodie but i never changed because it was well over a 1000 pound new and i couldnt find 1 from scrappy

so a used the position switch to spring it back and it worked fine.

the only other thing i can think it might be i mass airflow sensor on air box/induction kit

but before you start messin i would recomend you get i diagnosed which will help you out better than random guesses

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links