Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stereo Install - Mk3 Wiring

Im hopefully going to be installing my pioneer head unit in replacement of the factory unit, and i've literally searched the internet for 4 hours on this subject, but nothing seems conclusive to the mk3 wiring

this guide suggests running cables to the amp, bypassing it, so in effect running new speaker wires to the new head unit, and by doing so doing away with the amp and sub

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls400/396809-1996-lexus-ls400-stereo-install-wiring-info-diagrams.html

this guide suggests just tapping into the wiring from the existing head unit location, and once done everything would work, including the sub and amp

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=66133

whats the one to go for, either? neither and go down a different route? or just send it to an audio place and let them have the headache :P

Hi Dale

Query only. Why do you want to have a new unit?

I have a double din pioneer that I didnt buy too long ago (and fitted to my Camry), it has intergrated Bluetooth that I use alot for my mobile calls, it also has USB capability for my Ipod, which will be used all the time

Hi Dale

Query only. Why do you want to have a new unit?

I have a double din pioneer that I didnt buy too long ago (and fitted to my Camry), it has intergrated Bluetooth that I use alot for my mobile calls, it also has USB capability for my Ipod, which will be used all the time

Understand. I was worried you weren't happy with the Premium Sound System!

ohoh no, the premium sound system is good enough for me in terms of sound quality and its OEM looks, its just that I really need the ipod and Bluetooth features back, especially for my everyday car

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links