Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Judder / Vibration When Lifting Off

Hi All

So I've had my GS300SE MK3 (2005 model) for less than a week now and really enjoying the serene driving experience. The car is extremely smooth and quiet, so perhaps the following thing I have noticed is just me being ultra picky rather than something abnormal...

I have only noticed this when on the motorway, say doing around 80mph. If I take my foot completely off the throttle (or gas for any US friends), I can just about notice a tiny sense of vibration or judder for about a second or so as the car starts to slow down. After than it's completely smooth again.

I have to stress this is a really tiny effect - I thought I was imagining it because I thought it was the road itself rather than the car, and I doubt any passengers would actually notice. Further study of this phenomena seems to indicate that it is most obvious if I have been pushing down on the gas so the car is not in top gear (e.g. probably in 4th or 5th) and then I lift off completely at which stage the car goes in to 6th.

Thanks in advance for any views - I would of course be happy to be told this is a normal thing the car does!

Hi All

So I've had my GS300SE MK3 (2005 model) for less than a week now and really enjoying the serene driving experience. The car is extremely smooth and quiet, so perhaps the following thing I have noticed is just me being ultra picky rather than something abnormal...

I have only noticed this when on the motorway, say doing around 80mph. If I take my foot completely off the throttle (or gas for any US friends), I can just about notice a tiny sense of vibration or judder for about a second or so as the car starts to slow down. After than it's completely smooth again.

I have to stress this is a really tiny effect - I thought I was imagining it because I thought it was the road itself rather than the car, and I doubt any passengers would actually notice. Further study of this phenomena seems to indicate that it is most obvious if I have been pushing down on the gas so the car is not in top gear (e.g. probably in 4th or 5th) and then I lift off completely at which stage the car goes in to 6th.

Thanks in advance for any views - I would of course be happy to be told this is a normal thing the car does!

I did experimented with your theory yesterday, & I found same issue with my Lexus as well, but if I am using cruise & dis-engage it, this is not the case, this is only in no cruise mode, I mean I am using manually accelerator, but if i restrict it to 4th or 3rd, makes a reasonable speed, if the car had already achieved the final gear, this will not happen, but if the speed is slow & one gear is still pending to be engaged subject to the wait time so a reason able speed is achieved, I the release the accelerator same thing happen.

I did this experiment on my MK1 as well which is 1997 only had 4 gears, this doesn’t happen in my MK1 & I have only noticed this in MK3, now I am concerned, if this ecu fault or something else, I have check my balancing & tracking both are perfect.

Now tell me, have you checked with both cruise & manual speeding & also achieved final gear & in another instance one gear deliberately left to be engaged what is the response of your car.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I did experimented with your theory yesterday, & I found same issue with my Lexus as well, but if I am using cruise & dis-engage it, this is not the case, this is only in no cruise mode, I mean I am using manually accelerator, but if i restrict it to 4th or 3rd, makes a reasonable speed, if the car had already achieved the final gear, this will not happen, but if the speed is slow & one gear is still pending to be engaged subject to the wait time so a reason able speed is achieved, I the release the accelerator same thing happen.

I did this experiment on my MK1 as well which is 1997 only had 4 gears, this doesn’t happen in my MK1 & I have only noticed this in MK3, now I am concerned, if this ecu fault or something else, I have check my balancing & tracking both are perfect.

Now tell me, have you checked with both cruise & manual speeding & also achieved final gear & in another instance one gear deliberately left to be engaged what is the response of your car.

Hi - I'll try this. If you've noticed similar, it's probably ok then (I hope).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links