Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! Where Can I Get A Front Upper Contol Arm?

Bought and fitted the near side upper control arm for last years MOT from AZCARPARTSUK.

Ordered one for the other side this year but it doesnt fit. Its about 6mm too wide where it bolts to the inner wing.

Where can I get one that will fit. Without going to the dealers of course.

Before doing anything else have you confirmed that you have been supplied with the correct part and not the later control arm?

Plastic Orange has a thread on here at the moment about the upper arms he bought on eBay which have failed within 4 months! So be wary of quality from other sources.

There were some genuine Lexus arms on eBay some time ago at around £500.00 a pair.

If the ball joint is OK have you considered rebushing the existing arm?

Finally you could PM Benfur (Maurice) and see if he has a good used replacement.

Before doing anything else have you confirmed that you have been supplied with the correct part and not the later control arm?

Plastic Orange has a thread on here at the moment about the upper arms he bought on eBay which have failed within 4 months! So be wary of quality from other sources.

There were some genuine Lexus arms on eBay some time ago at around £500.00 a pair.

If the ball joint is OK have you considered rebushing the existing arm?

Finally you could PM Benfur (Maurice) and see if he has a good used replacement.

Thanks for all that. The big panic was because the MOT is imminent andrip i have my monthly 700 mile round trip tomorrow. Panic over now. i took the new arm to my local machanic. he has pressed the bushes in the ends in and with a bit of a shove the arms gone in. Test driven. No knocks and no wheel wobble.

Did you ever work at the Derby Toyota factory they work on a "just in time" basis regarding spares deliveries, you always seem to just sort things in the nick of time! lol

Did you ever work at the Derby Toyota factory they work on a "just in time" basis regarding spares deliveries, you always seem to just sort things in the nick of time! lol

Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow!

On the day I was married (20 years ago) I decided to do a few little body work jobs on the car. The service was at 2pm, 30 miles away. We were using the car in question, a Tolbot Rancho, as our wedding and honeymoon car. At 10.30am i was still under the car,wires and lights and wings off, when the cake arrived. It was pink instead of white. I still managed to finish the work on the car get the ribbons on it and sort the cake. Still dont know what "her in doors" was panicing about.

Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow!

On the day I was married (20 years ago) I decided to do a few little body work jobs on the car. The service was at 2pm, 30 miles away. We were using the car in question, a Tolbot Rancho, as our wedding and honeymoon car. At 10.30am i was still under the car,wires and lights and wings off, when the cake arrived. It was pink instead of white. I still managed to finish the work on the car get the ribbons on it and sort the cake. Still dont know what "her in doors" was panicing about.

Wife has just read my last post from over my shoulder.............and explained to me why she was in a bit of a tiz.

Something about "the most important day of my life" blah blah "its suposed to be special" blah blah "had enough to worry about" blah blah.

I got us there didnt I?