Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Error 3 Cd Player

DavoH

HI,

I've just bought my 3rd Lexus IS having had an Is200 and an IS300 previously. Sadly it has an Error 3 on the CD player as though a disc is stuck. Wont Eject or Load. So my question is , is there anywhere that you guys know that wil repair this? Or know of anything I can do to fix it myself.

You've probably been asked a million times and yes I have checked the forums but just can't find the answer I wanted.

Cheers

The oem headunit can be repaired. Google Autosounds in Bradford (West Yorkshire)- they can repair the oem unit for about £250, I think (I've heard that figure been quoted).

TBH- why not rip out the factory system and put in a aftermarket/more modern headunit with Bluetooth etc? That's what most people do.

The oem headunit can be repaired. Google Autosounds in Bradford (West Yorkshire)- they can repair the oem unit for about £250, I think (I've heard that figure been quoted).

TBH- why not rip out the factory system and put in a aftermarket/more modern headunit with bluetooth etc? That's what most people do.

£250 to fix error 3!!! send it to me and i'll fix foc mate!!!!

TBH- why not rip out the factory system and put in a aftermarket/more modern headunit with bluetooth etc? That's what most people do.

£250 to fix error 3!!! send it to me and i'll fix foc mate!!!!

would you be able to fix mine mate? i tried doing it myself but i think i made it worse. I would not expect you to do it for free though

Sort of related topic, but doesn't Lexus Sat Nav use the original stereo as part of the system?

In the manual it appears to rely on inputs from the stereo when setting up/troubleshooting.

I'm looking to install Lexus Sat Nav (I already have the wiring loom and CD unit), but wonder if I'll be forced to rely on my original stereo (with it's obligatory ERR3).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links