Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220D Oil Type

prodder

My 59 plate is220d is due a 10k oil change. The Handbook states ACEA C2 [fully synthetic] 5W;30. Went to Lexus Dealer; who offered me semi-synthetic oil. I got into a debate with the Head mechanic and the service manager who both maintained that using semi-synthetic is OK - its what they put in all Lexus's they said. I'm sceptical, and think they should be following Lexus's recommendations as stated in the handbook. What do you think?

My 59 plate is220d is due a 10k oil change. The Handbook states ACEA C2 [fully synthetic] 5W;30. Went to Lexus Dealer; who offered me semi-synthetic oil. I got into a debate with the Head mechanic and the service manager who both maintained that using semi-synthetic is OK - its what they put in all Lexus's they said. I'm sceptical, and think they should be following Lexus's recommendations as stated in the handbook. What do you think?

My '06 220D was always serviced at Lexus Edinburgh where they used fully sythentic. When I had the car I had it serviced at Lexus Stoke for the 60K Major. I asked about oil and they said they used Semi.

I told them about the car's history at another Lexus dealer but they still said semi was the oil to use. I decided to pay extra for Mobil 1 Full but it was expensive.

Suggest you negotiate with the dealer to use Full if you can or maybe take your own oil. You want to use the best oil possible in your engine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links