Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Power Tailgate Closing Problem & Clunking

Hi from a newbie. This site is great and I hope there are some technical members that might be able to help.

On my 54 reg RX300 SE, when the tailgate is closed with the remote button it makes a clunking noise and often opens up again.

The noise could be cogs slipping, 3-4 times. It seems like the safety feature is kicking in, making the tailgate go in to reverse to avoid crushing something but I'm no expert.

Starting from fully open, the clicks occur between 5% and 50% of the travel. If it's get's past 50%, it usually means it will complete closing successfully. The final latching action works fine. Opening and closing manually I don't feel any excessive resistance or hear any strange noises.

It was just in for a service with Lexus and they told me they'd fixed it. What a load of BOTTOM WASTE! I'd apprecaite some ammunition in terms understanding the mechanics involved and ideas on what the problem might be.

Cheers

CRU Racing

I don't understand why you're struggling with this issue? If you paid Lexus for the 'fix' then I'd take it straight back to them telling them that the fault has re-occurred. If however they didn't charge you, but say they fixed it, then again I'd be telling them the fault had re-occurred and ask for details of what fix they applied and get them to resolve it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links