Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

History Checks B4 Buying

Felix

Hi Guys,

Missus wants a Mini Cooper as her weekend car, "it's much easier to park than the RX, isn't it?" she said.

OK, I am going to get one this weekend in London, I know I can get the MOT history on the DVLA website, Done that.

I am sure there is some kind of website give you the police records and insurance records of the car as well (such as it was written off or stolen) , I used it before, can't find it any more. it was something like Motor Insurers' Bureau or Insurance claims database. BTW, it 's free to check. any one could help PLS just the link will do. many thanks

Felix

i use 83600 hpi check very good for £3 it tells you the vin a reg and also the car colour and if its had a accident or been stolen and also shows how many owners the car has had and also for another £1.50 it can also show whats the mileage on the car.

and also for another £1.50 it can also show whats the mileage on the car.

Treat the mileage records with a pinch of salt. Mine had numerous discrepancies none of which were correct and included an entry for 2K miles entered by DVLA !

It appears that if someone puts in a check and gives the mileage as a best guess or a blinder it is simply recorded no questions asked.

The online hpi service through the AA also allows you to make an error in entereing the data in the form *I did it, left a zero off) and this also is then an indelible entry.

But the VIN etc is a useful check.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links