Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

13 Pin Tow Wiring

Can anyone tell me how to wire up a 2004 RX300 for a 13 pin tow socket?

Thanks

Frank

This is quite a complex job. Patching in to the car's running lights is fairly straightforward, but providing switched supplies through relays to power the vans' fridge and to provide Battery charging is much more difficult and risky to the cars complex wiring. Also finding somewhere to patch into the reversing light circuit is very difficult.

Obviously I don't know your abilty to tackle this job, but if you have to ask the question in the first place, you would probably find it too difficult on this complex vehicle.

Best left to a Lexus dealer I fear or a good independant towbar installer.

Can anyone tell me how to wire up a 2004 RX300 for a 13 pin tow socket?

Thanks

Frank

Buy the proper Lexus wiring kit, buy a cheap car trim removal kit off eBay to make life easier, set aside a morning and follow the destructions :

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7B792E8204-B20E-434E-AB7C-0FB195D08A09%7D/Towbar%20wiring%20kit%20PZ417-K2561-00%2013PTOWBWH.pdf

It's not difficult but you just need to be patient and prepared to remove most of the boot trim and floor panel etc - get some tape and stick the bolts to each part they came from as you dismantle everything so you don't get confused when putting it all back. Took me about 2hrs going slowly but that was 7 pin not 13 but the time is all in the removal of the trim rather than an extra couple of wires.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links