Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Cd Player Questions

DavyJ

Hi folks new IS20 SPort owner and my first post. I picked up my car the other day and knew there 'might' be an issue with the CD player. Basically when I went to view the car the whole unit was sitting out about half an inch from the dash and there was no power. I assumed it was a replacement unit not fitted correctly or unplugged etc. Got a good deal on the car sold as seen and I am still quite happy with it.

On investigating the CD player I removed it completely from the dash and noticed it was indeed unplugged . . . BUT the plugs at the end of the harness arent anywhere near the same size \ orientation \ layout as is on the back of the CD Unit. Also I have trouble seating the CD unit fully flush with the dash.

In doing my internet detective I have a few ideas which I hope you guys can clarify for me ?

A) I notise there are 2 types of CD radio fitted to the 200 one with the CD slot at the top and one with the slot at the bottom. The one currently has the slot at the top - Im wondering if I need the unit with the slot at the bottom ?

B) Going by the above would it be safe to assume the harness plugs and sockets on the actual unit differ between the 2 units ? or is the harness difference between models of 200 ?

FYI Mine is a 99 200 Sport.

Many thanks

David

Hi folks new IS20 SPort owner and my first post. I picked up my car the other day and knew there 'might' be an issue with the CD player. Basically when I went to view the car the whole unit was sitting out about half an inch from the dash and there was no power. I assumed it was a replacement unit not fitted correctly or unplugged etc. Got a good deal on the car sold as seen and I am still quite happy with it.

On investigating the CD player I removed it completely from the dash and noticed it was indeed unplugged . . . BUT the plugs at the end of the harness arent anywhere near the same size \ orientation \ layout as is on the back of the CD Unit. Also I have trouble seating the CD unit fully flush with the dash.

In doing my internet detective I have a few ideas which I hope you guys can clarify for me ?

A) I notise there are 2 types of CD radio fitted to the 200 one with the CD slot at the top and one with the slot at the bottom. The one currently has the slot at the top - Im wondering if I need the unit with the slot at the bottom ?

B) Going by the above would it be safe to assume the harness plugs and sockets on the actual unit differ between the 2 units ? or is the harness difference between models of 200 ?

FYI Mine is a 99 200 Sport.

Many thanks

David

Seems you have a later model head unit. Your age of vehicle should have the CD slot at the bottom this may explain why the harness plugs do not fit but I am not certain. Maybe someone else will confirm.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links