Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Noisy Cluctch/gear Changes

My clutch is too noisy while changing from 1st to 2nd gear.

The car has 94k miles and by checking the service book I see that it has never been changed.

Is that because it needs to be replaced/adjusted or is it something with this model?

I heard that the it usually needs to be replaced at around 110k miles so mine shouldn't be so bad at 94k.

Rgds

George

I've had some noise when changing from first to second since new. So preferably find newer car for comparison.

Anyway, I think that clutch can not be noisy. More likely it would be the flywheel. (dual mass = hefty price tag)

Try to use the pedals more sensitively...I can change with noise and without it, it needs some practice.

I've had some noise when changing from first to second since new. So preferably find newer car for comparison.

Anyway, I think that clutch can not be noisy. More likely it would be the flywheel. (dual mass = hefty price tag)

Try to use the pedals more sensitively...I can change with noise and without it, it needs some practice.

You are right, sometimes when i change gear extremely sensitive i don't have that sound.

I was watching this video

and with my litle Polish I can understand that this guy is having the same problem even though it is a brand new car with 1,5k k/m.

Both of the car examiners which tested the car are saying that is a glitch with this specific car's flywheel and you simply can't get rid of it.

I'm not bothered with the noise but I worry that something might break but you are saying that you have this since new so is it something that I should check with my mechanic or just leave it?

Cheers

George

well, the flywheel has some lifetime. The less you stress it, then it has longer lifetime. If you change with no noise, I am sure it makes no stress to flywheel. If you change with the noise, there is some stress. I am not able to estimate, how serious is such a stress.

I'd say - get used to change gears without noise and then don't care :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links