Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Low Can I Go?

Jimxms

a slight stretch and a little camber wont stop a insurance company paying out........you have more chance if them not paying out if they see the tyres have been hitting the arches!!!!

i wouldnt ever shave the wheels EVER!!!they got you the wrong wheels end of also them saying can we shave the wheel is them admitting they got you the wrong ones!!! i'd fight this one mate!!

a slight stretch and a little camber wont stop a insurance company paying out........you have more chance if them not paying out if they see the tyres have been hitting the arches!!!!

i wouldnt ever shave the wheels EVER!!!they got you the wrong wheels end of also them saying can we shave the wheel is them admitting they got you the wrong ones!!! i'd fight this one mate!!

Yeah it doesn't sound safe at all shaving away half the material that keeps the wheels attached to the car! Especially not when this is a bloody family car carrying 2 kids and a preggers Mrs!

Anyway, if i fight this to the death and they eventually cave in and give me ET43's, they're still gonna look nice when lowered right? I guess its only 1.2cm difference, so nothing massive. Just reading what Muddyell has been saying as got me paranoid that I'll go "eww" when et42's are on.

Dude dont be too paranoid. that wasnt my intention at all. Just for an example, if you look at standard lexus alloys and how tucked into the car they are and then look at something with a decent offset you'll probably agree that the alloys with a decent offset look alot better. Personally, and im sure ormi would agree, i would never spend money on wheels with a gay offset. To me they just look hidden away and dont give the car the stance it needs when lowered

For example. This is mine on standard wheels (sorry about the crappy pic)

IMG00196-20100305-1943.jpg

Now this is mine with a better offset

SDC10492.jpg

SDC10486.jpg

Ok im not entirely happy with the stance as i want mine wider and sticking out more. Im probably going to get an offset of around et15 on the next wheels and flare the arches. As you can see tho it gives a much better look. Not saying you have to go that low tho (mines gone lower since those pics :whistling: )

Also found these mate

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/D2-RACING-COILOVERS-LEXUS-IS300-JCE10-MODELS-00-05-/250636319751?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5b16bc07#ht_2998wt_905

I know D2 didnt have the best of reps before and were always extremely hard but they have changed alot in the last year. Been taken over buy a company in the UK and all the issues have been addressed. They are softer and dont have the leaking and seizing issues they used to have. They are actually a very good coilover now for the money

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links