Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wondering whether KwikFit is able to do a good job for my IS250 wheel alignment...

You can't get sh@tier than a quick fit fitter. Don't go near them. I had them do my IS200 and had it back three times. Took it to a local dealer who actually new what they were doing. I can't recommend Kwik Fit in any way at all. They even told my wife she needed £450 worth of uneccesary work when all it was ws a pipe that had disconnected during their service. Once again, local garage sorted it for... NOTHING!

Col

Well it only has toe adjustment so even Krapfit shouldn't be able to screw it up.

Hi Tango!

Thanks! So the best would be to send it to Lexus?

The Lexus geo settings for the 2nd generation IS have proved to be OK, so there should be no adverse tyre wear like the inner tyre wear experienced with the Lexus settings on the 1st generation IS.. However, I did find that my IS250 on its original wheels and tyres tended to tramline (following the road contours) especially noticable on the inside lane of motorways.

This little problem was sorted Tony at Wheels in Motion by adjusting the toe within the OEM tolerances. If yours has a similar tendancy I suggest you take it to someone with the knowledge of what effect any adjustments have on the handling, rather than just have them checked or set within the 'acceptable' range of adjustment which is what you'll get from the Lexus dealership.

If you're anywhere near Chesham, I suggest you pay a visit to WIM.

I wouldn't let a Kwikfit fitter anywhere near any of my cars.

Wondering whether KwikFit is able to do a good job for my IS250 wheel alignment...

Well, they sorted my 250 out just fine when it went in for a couple of new front tyres.

I think I'd knocked my alignment out last winter when I hit a hidden kerb (buried by snow). I noticed that the steering wheel was slightly off dead centre. After Kwikfit had done their work the steering wheel was dead centre and the car tends to tramline less noticably, although I wasn't sure if that was due to the new tyres or the alignment.

Perhaps I just got lucky.

Well, they sorted my 250 out just fine when it went in for a couple of new front tyres.

I think I'd knocked my alignment out last winter when I hit a hidden kerb (buried by snow). I noticed that the steering wheel was slightly off dead centre. After Kwikfit had done their work the steering wheel was dead centre and the car tends to tramline less noticably, although I wasn't sure if that was due to the new tyres or the alignment.

Perhaps I just got lucky.

That's interesting about the steering wheel being slightly off centre. Mine's like that and there's a bit of tram-lining as well. Guess I need to get the wheels alignment checked out before tyres get shot. Can't remember hitting anything though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links