Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Radiator

Hi Folks,

Just had the brake master cylinder recall completed on my 2003 RX300 SE yesterday and during the usual "visual" inspection which they do, they have informed me that my radiator is leaking and needs replaced asap. I personally cannot find the leak and there is never a damp patch on my garage floor, there is a bit of movement on the dashboard guage, but nothing near the red zone. They say that the water could be evaporating as it comes out, but surely when the car has been sitting overnight in my garage, there would be water on the floor ? Anyway, they quoted me £650 in the first instance, but when I aired my disgust, it was reduced to £450, still bloody expensive and annoys me even more when my extended warranty ended only one month ago !!! I am obviously not getting this done by Lexus, so I am going to shop around (possibly Berkshire Radiators in Reading, I am going to ask them to test it for a leak). Any advise etc would be appreciated. Thanks

How strange is that, took my RX300 to local dealer in Reading for brake master cylinder recall. Received a phone call

stating that my radiator has a slight leak, £609 inc VAT fitted and can be done straight away. I pointed out that during

a service in 2005 I was advised that the radiator was loosing coolant and required replacement (£780 inc VAT). I declined

at that point, here we are in 2010 still with the original radiator and no loss of coolant.

How strange is that, took my RX300 to local dealer in Reading for brake master cylinder recall. Received a phone call

stating that my radiator has a slight leak, £609 inc VAT fitted and can be done straight away. I pointed out that during

a service in 2005 I was advised that the radiator was loosing coolant and required replacement (£780 inc VAT). I declined

at that point, here we are in 2010 still with the original radiator and no loss of coolant.

Right, that's it, I am going to get my radiator tested independantly and if I find out that something dodgy is going on, I am going to take them to the cleaners....cheers for that valued feedback.

Right, that's it, I am going to get my radiator tested independantly and if I find out that something dodgy is going on, I am going to take them to the cleaners....cheers for that valued feedback.

Ok, I take it back, my radiator was leaking and required replacement, had this done today by the great guys at Berkshire Radiators, all for £281, beat that Lexus !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links