Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Confused About Wht Sot Lead Fo W Reg Is200

Hi guys,

My dads getting a parrot kit for my mums W IS200 Sport for xmas so we need a sot lead. I've never had the stereo out of its so don't know what the plugs are like. All I know from reading on here is the stereo leads are different to my 03 IS200 Sport. What do I need to check before I get the SOT lead. Did the early Sports have amps? Is it behind like the glove box like the later ones? If any one has got part numbers or photos I would be most grateful. We want to try and fit it in secret before xmas and just leave off the screen to save messing about after xmas.

Regards

Gareth

edit - Just checked her car and its the stereo with the tape at the top and cd at the bottom.

Edited by Gareth Rose

Hi guys,

My dads getting a parrot kit for my mums W IS200 Sport for xmas so we need a sot lead. I've never had the stereo out of its so don't know what the plugs are like. All I know from reading on here is the stereo leads are different to my 03 IS200 Sport. What do I need to check before I get the SOT lead. Did the early Sports have amps? Is it behind like the glove box like the later ones? If any one has got part numbers or photos I would be most grateful. We want to try and fit it in secret before xmas and just leave off the screen to save messing about after xmas.

Regards

Gareth

edit - Just checked her car and its the stereo with the tape at the top and cd at the bottom.

all sports have the amp mate regardless of age....but a propper parot dealer will be able to fit it without any fuss also he will know what lead your car needs too...

Thanks for the reply ormi. Right so at least I know it has an amp. Its going to be fitted by my friend who installs police/ambulance radios and sirens, as well as the odd parrot kit, but problem is he just gets given the right loom for the car and has never done an IS, other than mine which we only put a Nokia one in with a seperate speaker so we didn't need a loom. He has found a Toyota SOT lead that hes aquired at some point tho, so hopefully Wednesday or Thursday were going to 'borrow' my mums car and pop the stereo out to see what the plugs are like.

Thanks again for the reply.

Gareth

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links