Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bigg Red / Caliper Refurbishment Advice

Ray de Bourbon

My front brakes on my IS200 are giving me a few issues and I want to get all my calipers refurbished (and painted while at it) .. I have emailed Bigg Red for a quote on their caliper refurb + paint service... The quote was £189 for fronts, and £169 for rears, turn around 4-5days.. I've read on the forums here that the front refurb kit from Lexus is about £70 - and ~£40 for new slide pins etc... So it seems for ~£110 I can get all the bits needed to refurb myself, before painting.

My question is, has anyone else used Bigg Red and does their quote seem fair overall? Is the quality of their work good? Is there any benefit in the compression tests that Bigg Red state they do ( Bigg Red Process Description ) Or is it all abit OTT?

Ormi has said in several threads that refurbing is easy enough to do, but being brakes - I want to be sure the it is done properly. I know there used to be a pictorial guide for refurbing calipers on the forums, but I cannot find it anymore now :(

Would you recommend I just do it myself for what will land up being a little less £, but more of my time or is Bigg Red the better option?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links