Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought A '00 Is200 Sport.

e36er

Hi all,

I finally bought myself an IS200 yesterday, I'm really pleased with it but it has a few little problems I need to iron out.

keyfob

It came with only 1 key, and a fairly battered and bruised one at that. I've got my eyes on a new key and have read the procedure for reprogramming it, wish me luck with that!

P1349 error code

The EML was on and the TRC light flashing, I've had the code read (obviously) and the P1349 error came up. The guy at the garage just reset the lights and didn't seem to know a great deal about it and said I'd have to just wait until the problem worsens, I don't really fancy that. The car runs absolutely great, definitely no misfire so I'm thinking/hoping it's a blocked filter or something. Anyone had experience with this and manage to solve it?

OEM stereo problem, but not the dreaded err3!

When I press 'load' it does a bit of whirring and a few small clicks then goes back to the radio. I've tried hitting the side but strangely it had no effect. I had a quick look at how to remove the unit, but it don't half look involved! Is there anything else I can try before I try taking the thing out?

Dipping at the rear

This is by far the most annoying thing. When I put my foot down the car seems to dip to one side at the rear so when I let off I almost need to correct he steering a little. I'm guessing one of the rear dampers has had it, anyone got any other ideas?

Front windows

How do I remove the front door cards? There seems to be a bit of play when opening closing the window, obviously nothing major but still an annoyance.

Other than that it's fantastic! Mechanically it seems great, no notchiness in the gearbox and the clutch doesn't judder... too much. Cosmetically it's in fairly average condition, no dings or dents but the paintwork is chipped in a few places. I'm passed the days of modding cars, but I do plan to fit a sport grill soon so maybe not quite passed it yet. I did plan on lowering it 20mm or so, but I think it sits just right.

Alright fella I jus had a p1349 cum up on mine . It's a vvt system malfunction on bank 1 . As I found out by putting a post up on here there's a filter on the OCV ( oil control valve) witch feeds the vvti high lift cam . The filter gets blocked and insufficient oil pressure is reached to the cam . I took mine out and cleaned it . Take the air box off and on the right hand side there's an oil feed pipe at the front ov the engine remove filter and clean and put back togeather . But b4 disconnect the Battery so it gives the ecu time to reset . Then put it all back togeather . I got a spare stereo I wrongly purchased frm eBay a while ago didn't no about the codes under the front window ov the stereo( silly me ) the code is 13905 . PM me if interested . Sorry carnt help wiv the rest .

Hi all,

I finally bought myself an IS200 yesterday, I'm really pleased with it but it has a few little problems I need to iron out.

Keyfob

It came with only 1 key, and a fairly battered and bruised one at that. I've got my eyes on a new key and have read the procedure for reprogramming it, wish me luck with that!

P1349 error code

The EML was on and the TRC light flashing, I've had the code read (obviously) and the P1349 error came up. The guy at the garage just reset the lights and didn't seem to know a great deal about it and said I'd have to just wait until the problem worsens, I don't really fancy that. The car runs absolutely great, definitely no misfire so I'm thinking/hoping it's a blocked filter or something. Anyone had experience with this and manage to solve it?

OEM stereo problem, but not the dreaded err3!

When I press 'load' it does a bit of whirring and a few small clicks then goes back to the radio. I've tried hitting the side but strangely it had no effect. I had a quick look at how to remove the unit, but it don't half look involved! Is there anything else I can try before I try taking the thing out?

Dipping at the rear

This is by far the most annoying thing. When I put my foot down the car seems to dip to one side at the rear so when I let off I almost need to correct he steering a little. I'm guessing one of the rear dampers has had it, anyone got any other ideas?

Front windows

How do I remove the front door cards? There seems to be a bit of play when opening closing the window, obviously nothing major but still an annoyance.

Other than that it's fantastic! Mechanically it seems great, no notchiness in the gearbox and the clutch doesn't judder... too much. Cosmetically it's in fairly average condition, no dings or dents but the paintwork is chipped in a few places. I'm passed the days of modding cars, but I do plan to fit a sport grill soon so maybe not quite passed it yet. I did plan on lowering it 20mm or so, but I think it sits just right.

And you still bought it!!

Hope you got it cheap!

The only problem I knew of when I handed over the cash was the keyfob!

I wanted a silver sport and had around £2500 to play with, so my choices were extremely limited. It has 114k on the clock and cost £2400, not too bad I don't think. The problems are only minor so I've no regrets.

Alright fella I jus had a p1349 cum up on mine . It's a vvt system malfunction on bank 1 . As I found out by putting a post up on here there's a filter on the OCV ( oil control valve) witch feeds the vvti high lift cam . The filter gets blocked and insufficient oil pressure is reached to the cam . I took mine out and cleaned it . Take the air box off and on the right hand side there's an oil feed pipe at the front ov the engine remove filter and clean and put back togeather . But b4 disconnect the battery so it gives the ecu time to reset . Then put it all back togeather . I got a spare stereo I wrongly purchased frm eBay a while ago didn't no about the codes under the front window ov the stereo( silly me ) the code is 13905 . PM me if interested . Sorry carnt help wiv the rest .

Thanks for that, Phil. Well after 2 days the EML and traction lights are yet to come up, but I'd still like to clean out this filter you mention. I had a quick look today and it doesn't seem too obvious which pipe you're talking about, any chance you could take a few pics?

I'll try an get sum piks but due to wrk an by the time I'm finished it's alil dark .but If u take ur air box off and on the front on the right is about 22mm oil feed pipe goin into the rocker cover take it out an jus inside is ya filter . Hope this helps alil more .

I'll try an get sum piks but due to wrk an by the time I'm finished it's alil dark .but If u take ur air box off and on the front on the right is about 22mm oil feed pipe goin into the rocker cover take it out an jus inside is ya filter . Hope this helps alil more .

Thanks, I'll give this a go sometime this week. You have PM by the way!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links