Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigator Setup

Hi guys,

In the ever lasting quest for music in my car, I am now at a point where I am considering selling the navigator setup so I can fit an after market stereo hassle free.

How much does the setup usually go for, and how difficult is it to remove all bits (sat nav unit / DVD thingy / centre console with remote) - as all of it will go. Can it even be fitted into another car easily or is it just not worth it?

I just really can't justify spending so much money repairing a unit which will inevitably fail again or getting a new one from Lexus. The grom didn't work for me and my radio doesn't pick up FM so no FM transmitters. To top it off, the tape player seems buggered too as it makes the loudest clicking noise whilst playing. Triple attack by my stereo!

Help!

The unit can only be a replacement for a car thats already got the satnav you cant fit it to an IS that didnt have it,

the screen bit though people buy and fit their own screen or satnav unit into (ive made a few to sell myself).

The unit can only be a replacement for a car thats already got the satnav you cant fit it to an IS that didnt have it,

the screen bit though people buy and fit their own screen or satnav unit into (ive made a few to sell myself).

How much do the screens / motorised units etc go for usually?

I have sat-nav on my phone, I just want some music in my car! Would be a shame to lose the navigator setup - but without spending hundreds upon hundreds I am lacking options.

You can fit the Sony Satnavs or Tomtom into the screen unit.

they go for whatever people will pay for them mate.

Ive bought them for less than £100 but also seen them go for £200 plus.

You can fit the Sony Satnavs or Tomtom into the screen unit.

they go for whatever people will pay for them mate.

Ive bought them for less than £100 but also seen them go for £200 plus.

That kind of money isn't really worth the loss as it won't even touch a new stereo + fascia and ISO leads :S

OR... I have an idea

Is the housing easy to mod?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links