Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Android auto disconnecting

Hi, I’ve noticed with increasing regularity that Android auto disconnecting when turning sharp left or right.  It requires either an unplug back in to either the phone or console and comes immediately back.  It did it three times on a recent 1 hour journey around country lanes but less so on major roads.  I think this did it with my old phone and I have bought a quality cable and still happening.

its going into the dealers next week to check for an software updates, but wondered if anyone else had had this.  I am suspecting something loose round the back 

Any other thoughts or experiences ?

thanks

That’s was my view, something either behind or at the other end.  It doesn’t disconnect if I waggle the cable.  Unfortunately not a second one as only one is linked to AA

Dealer could not find anything obvious wrong and I couldn’t break it when I was there.  Seems to be after 5-10 mins of driving
However I noticed today when it dropped out twice it was at the same time I had audible alerts from the car for getting to close to left side of road.  I have found a couple of RX posts regarding this with the same symptoms and suggest turning off audible warnings but I cannot see that they are enabled as audible just the warning.

i have a S24 Android so wondered if anyone else had this problem.   I have in the meantime removed the phone from car and vice versa and set up again

1 hour ago, Richolf said:

Dealer could not find anything obvious wrong and I couldn’t break it when I was there.  Seems to be after 5-10 mins of driving
However I noticed today when it dropped out twice it was at the same time I had audible alerts from the car for getting to close to left side of road.  I have found a couple of RX posts regarding this with the same symptoms and suggest turning off audible warnings but I cannot see that they are enabled as audible just the warning.

i have a S24 Android so wondered if anyone else had this problem.   I have in the meantime removed the phone from car and vice versa and set up again

I remember reading something else on here that there was indeed some conflict between android auto and the some notifications.  So I guess that is the problem, not the wiring.

Paul

12 hours ago, Richolf said:

When you say "it was at the same time I had audible alerts from the car for getting to close to left side of road", are you referring to the Lane Tracing Assist (LTA) system? If so, it might be an idea to (temporarily) turn that off completely and see if the AA disconnect problem goes away.

For what it's worth - S24 Ultra owner here and no issues with AA.

I believe it was the LTA, I will turn that off next time I am out and see if there is any difference

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links