Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Air Suspension

Hi Guys,

I wondered if anyone has the same problem as me, my air suspension gets stuck in the maximum height position and the car bounces down the road like it is on a pogo stick, after while it will set itself correctly, although this is taking longer and longer. I have taken it to the Lexus gagrage and they want over £800 to replace two sensors, unfortunatly the car is well out of warranty. This seems a bit steep, so I wondered if anyone else had experienced this and tried to get the gararge to reduce the cost and if so what the outcome was.

Hi Guys,

I wondered if anyone has the same problem as me, my air suspension gets stuck in the maximum height position and the car bounces down the road like it is on a pogo stick, after while it will set itself correctly, although this is taking longer and longer. I have taken it to the Lexus gagrage and they want over £800 to replace two sensors, unfortunatly the car is well out of warranty. This seems a bit steep, so I wondered if anyone else had experienced this and tried to get the gararge to reduce the cost and if so what the outcome was.

Rob,

I have a similar problem with my 04 SE-L, except its just the rear drivers side that's stuck in the air. No error messages, and I can still select different ride heights, but the rear drivers side doesn't move.

I did a bit of surfing last night and it seems the air suspension is prone to 'issues'. The level sensors often break and are a weak link (£350 each) and worse still is the air compressor at a whopping £1100. My car is booked in to the dealer next Friday, I'm praying its just the level sensor....

I recently had the same problem and the same costs were quoted. However , I had a £100 reduction because I have a service plan for the car. Some owners have swapped the air suspension for coils because of this. Apparently simple to do and obviates a reoccurrence.

Zeroallan

I have a problem with my air suspension the car is riding higher on side than it is the other! I've taken it to Lexus Sidcup and they are adjusting it next Wednesday for £138, apparently they can adjust it manually?

Hi Guys,

Rob,

I have a similar problem with my 04 SE-L, except its just the rear drivers side that's stuck in the air. No error messages, and I can still select different ride heights, but the rear drivers side doesn't move.

I did a bit of surfing last night and it seems the air suspension is prone to 'issues'. The level sensors often break and are a weak link (£350 each) and worse still is the air compressor at a whopping £1100. My car is booked in to the dealer next Friday, I'm praying its just the level sensor....

Needed all four sensors replaced. £1600 in total urrrgggghhhhhh

• 3 weeks later...

Happens to mine. A solenoid clicks 8 times, then the "OFF" light starts blinking. this only happens in cold weather. In the summer, the suspension is as smooth as silk.

When it starts acting up this winter, I'm just going to disable the entire system. On a 2003 RX SE-L, based on its market value, it just doesn't seem worth it to get it fixed. 1000+ for the tiny exhaust solenoid valve is a bit too rich for me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links